CloudAhoy is for pilots’ post-flight debriefing. Data is logged during flight, and the post-flight service provides a comprehensive debriefing: VFR and IFR, with 2D or 3D flight tracks, profiles, wind, maneuver analysis, instrument approaches, video and more. Flight logging, listing and viewing is free. Debriefing service is free for 35-days, then it is $64.99/year.
CloudAhoy is being used by students, professional pilots, CFIs, military and GA. They fly fixed-wing, rotorcraft and gliders. It is used to debrief VFR and instrument training flights, XC, and special missions such as search and rescue. It is used by recreational pilots for sharing flights with their passengers or friends. Many CloudAhoy users routinely record every flight so that the unexpected can be studied.
CloudAhoy combines the data captured during the flight with data from other sources including weather, aerodrome data, IAPs, aircraft registry and more. Its rule-based knowledge engine has information about aircraft flight characteristics, and how specific maneuvers should be flown. For example, CloudAhoy understand traffic patterns, steep turns, chandelles, missed approaches, autorotations, and thermalling. CloudAhoy integrates this to provide pilots with clear and precise information about the flight’s stages. The user interface is designed to enable detailed analysis with clarity and ease. And with fun.
● Auto-segments your flight maneuvers
● View your flights in 2D or 3D, on any computer platform
● Overlay aviation charts, terrain maps, or satellite images
● Cockpit view: relive your flight in 3D animation
● Flight data import from many devices, apps, and EFIS
● Glass cockpit gauges
● Display the wind along your route. Check your wind corrections
● Optional video view, synchronized - up to two feeds
● IFR: Compare your instrument approaches vs. 3D or 2D published IAPs
● Plot altitude, IAS, VS and other profiles of your approaches
● CFI mode for marking the flight in real-time
● Logbook-like listing of any flight you have flown with CloudAhoy
● Use internal iPhone/iPad GPS, or an external GPS
● Flight sharing between CloudAhoy pilots, and with people without an account.
Flight logging, listing and viewing is free. Annual debriefing service subscription (in-app purchase) is $64.99/year.
To use CloudAhoy you must first create a CloudAhoy account. Your flights’ information is totally private, protected by your username and password.
DURING FLIGHT - CAPTURE FLIGHT DATA
After creating your account, run this app and login to your account. Enter your plane’s tail number and your name, tap START, and takeoff! When you’re back on the ground, your flight data is automatically sent to CloudAhoy’s server, the data is analyzed, and is waiting for you to login and debrief.
You can also export track data from other apps, such as ForeFlight, into CloudAhoy.
POST FLIGHT - DEBRIEF, SHARE
After you land, login and debrief your flight. You can debrief directly in the iOS app, or on the web from any computer platform and any browser . You can share flights via links in email, facebook, or post in a blog, etc. Flights can be shared automatically between the pilot and the co-pilot. CloudAhoy allows you share flights with multiple CloudAhoy buddies of yours and with CloudAhoy groups.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app can only be used for flights’ debriefing, and is intended for pilots only. Sorry, it will neither display your car ride, nor your walks with the dog.
Fixed a bug related to importing CSV files from some apps.
Ratings and Reviews
Packs full functionality into iPhone app
I've been using CloudAhoy on my PC and iPad for several months but only recently downloaded it onto my iPhone 6. I was expecting a simplified interface with a reduced set of functionality but was really surprised that they managed to fit it all in. The screen real estate on my phone is minimal but they've incorporated fly-out menus to keep it clean. The CloudAhoy service on all platforms is simply amazing. I'm working on my instrument rating and it's proven to be an invaluable tool for analyzing my performance. It's especially nice to relax that evening and review the flight in an easy chair from various viewpoints and angles. I use ForeFlight in the cockpit and it exports track logs quickly and easily into CloudAhoy. This app is highly recommended.
I have used this app for every fight during my training and it has been very useful.
My First Attempt, Failure!
My first attempt to use the app was a failure. To be fair, this was during my BFR / IPC and I must have accidentally turned the phone on airplane mode.
On another attempt, my iPhone showed no GPS signal in this application. My other apps showed location, but this app requires a really good signal for tracking flight maneuvers. Mr. Chuck Shavit, with CloudAhoy, has been very helpful discussing the application and issues that I have had with the application, and because of this, I really believe this application has great potential. I'll report back after my next flight. Thanks for a very hopeful application!
* After several more flights with this app, I've really come to like it. The only improvement that I can imagine is that if the app is running, it should have an option for "auto start". I often start the app, get busy and forget to "start". This should be a fairly easy option to add. Thanks for such a useful training tool.
- CloudAhoy, Inc.
- 4.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018, CloudAhoy, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 12-months $64.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.