CloudApp is the world's leading visual communication platform. Create and share files, annotated screenshots, make GIFs, HD videos, screen recordings and screencasts on your Desktop — and upload them to the Cloud.
Drag a file to CloudApp or use our hotkey shortcuts to capture a screenshot, GIF, or HD screen-recording. A link to the file will automatically be copied to your clipboard that you can paste to Slack, Twitter, IM, email, or smoke signals.
"So simple that you use it without realizing it's there." — Tim Van Damme (Dropbox)
“CloudApp streamlines our sharing and communication. I no longer waste time trying to explain complex workflows or edits to be made or get mired in file attachments. Instead I just constantly use CloudApp to capture, comment, and share via a handy link. CloudApp is indispensable to the efficiency of our business, and they’re fantastic to work with.” — Daniel Odio (ShareThis)
"CloudApp is extremely useful, beautiful, and so very simple. Exactly what you want in a utility." — Mark Jardine (Tapbots)
"CloudApp is file sharing the way it should be: simple and powerful with a handy keyboard shortcut integration that my fingers tend to stay glued to, all bundled into an elegant UI." — Brian Hoff (The Design Cubicle)
“Few apps come across my path that becomes instantly integrated into my workflow. Cloudapp is one of them. I honestly can't imagine using my computer without it. It's critical to the way I work.” — Mike Gowen (Delighted)
• Simple and easy interface that streamlines your sharing flow
• Drag and drop any file, link, screenshot, screen-recording, image, code-snippets, URL, video to get an automatically generated URL link copied to your clipboard, ready to be shared.
• Visual search to find what you’re looking for
• Share screenshots and screen-recordings using customized hotkey shortcuts for superior visual collaboration
• GIF and HD screen-recording with audio commenting (for HD) to clearly demonstrate complex workflows
• Record a webcam video-message for faster and more animated communication
• Share via email function for more seamless and straightforward sharing capabilities directly from the application
• Add annotations for visual feedback or emphasis
• Add comments on your drops to enable collaborative dialogue around your assets
• Get the global history of your drops along with the view-count and open-tracking
• Add a password to increase your drop’s privacy
• Use auto-destruction to set your drops to delete on a timed fuse and control your asset’s longevity
• Use a Custom Domain (eg. shorturl.co/XXXX) and your branding to make CloudApp an extension of you or your business
• Share assets using private or public links (built-in URL shortening!)
• Re-copy a link, delete or rename an asset from the menu-bar
• iOS app for CloudApp on the go
• External app support & integrations: Photoshop, Hipchat, Safari, Tweetbot, Slack, Skype, Maps, Notes, Finder, Safari, Sketch, TextMate, Terminal, Chrome and tons more.
• Free $0 for life.
• Pro: $10/month or $8/month on annual plan
• Team: $10/month or $9/month on annual plan
• Business: $19/month or $17/month on annual plan
Pro+ subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled before the end of the current billing period, on a monthly or annual recurring basis depending on your plan. You can cancel at any time, but we are unable to issue refunds for any pay periods that have already been billed. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase. Terms: https://getcloudapp.com/terms
- Video trimming: now you can cut/trim on post-production.
- Set custom screen recording ratios
- Paste your GIFs right to your email compose.
- Edit the drop name right after taking a screenshot and annotate (CMD-SHIFT-A)
- Misplacement of the pointer during recording on a secondary monitor is now fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
My Favorite Screenshot App
CloudApp is an indispensible tool to my daily work and workflow. I love the convenient keyboard shortcuts like Cmd+Shift+5 to upload a screenshot, Cmd+Shift+A to take a screenshot and edit it, and Cmd+Shift+6 to record a video. It’s works seamlessly. I use CloudApp with Slack a lot, and it allows my to take a screenshot, paste the link to the conversation to my colleagues, and then move on to my next task. Usually, in the time that I pasted the link in, the image has already been uploaded, and will get unfurled by Slack. There is no other tool that I know of that does this — uploading a screenshot or file to Slack would have additional delays, slowing me down. Not so with CloudApp — a huge timesaver.
Makes sharing files and screencaps super convenient
I started using CloudApp about 5 years ago at the recommendation of a friend. It has quickly turned into an indispensable tool for me. Initially, it just made sharing files super convenient. Just drag it to the icon in the toolbar and you have a link you can share. Over time, the added features have just made it better. Taking still frames or gif/videos from the screen is made so simple, and it is instantly available for sharing. I highly recommend it!
So easy to share
I take a lot of screenshots for presentations to clients and to share internally with my team so when I started using CloudApp, it was so easy to learn how to use, and sharing was so easy—literally just a paste a link into Slack, email or whatever tool you’re using. You can also add annotations which are super useful—I would try to do that on Mac’s preview before, but it’s just not that seamless.
I have a Mac and it works great there, but I’ve heard that they’re still working on updating the Windows app (can be buggy sometimes).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.