Cloudcheck Version 2.9
A new and improved version of Cloudcheck for better, faster internet®
Cloudcheck Version 2.9 includes four core functions
● Test the individual components in your internet connection including Wi-Fi, cellular and broadband.
● Choose the nearest Cloudcheck test node to ensure the accuracy of your results.
● Determine the "bottle neck" in your connection and whether each link is good, average or poor relative to it's maximal capability.
● Provide feedback via the thumbs up/down as to your perception of connectivity quality.
● Turn your mobile device in to a Wi-Fi speed probe.
● Walk through your environment to probe and determine the Wi-Fi speed in any location.
● Record and label each spot of interest for future reference.
● The audio on/off feature emulates a "geiger counter".
● Smartifi makes your wireless router intelligent.
● When connected to a Cloudcheck enabled Wi-Fi router/access point you can register and activate Cloudcheck's monitoring and optimization service known as Smartifi.
● Smartifi monitors and optimizes your network from the cloud to ensure maximal performance on your Wi-Fi network and give you visibility on the speed of each device connected to the network.
● Smartifi displays the current speed and previous 7 days average speed.
● Smartifi enables user preferences such as blocking specific devices.
● This feature provides the Smartifi functionality, for users to monitor and manage
Cloudcheck enabled routers remotely on the cloud. For security reasons, to
enable this feature, while connecting to a Cloudcheck enabled router,
the user needs to grant the privilege.
- Sound max frequency corresponds to detected max speed.
- When app is installed, selected language is set to the OS language. If not possible, selected language is set to default (english)
- Overall advice always shown on Remote Management.
- Spanish translations added.
- UI improved.
- Date-time detects selected 24-Hour mode in device settings.
- Navigation improved on "Remote Management" section
- Password length and validation improved
Ratings and Reviews
Works fine on my 6s
No issues, works fine. It's a well crafted, unique, handy app!
I’m not sure who to believe: CloudCheck differs from Ookla substantially in broadband speed reporting.
Holistic network view
I downloaded the app after a friend suggested it to me and it has done nothing but help me ever since. I work from home, so it is important that I have a strong wireless signal throughout my home. Cloudcheck allows users to monitor and prioritize their devices in real time to improve wireless speed and connectivity. Also I have total visibility into my network’s stats so I can troubleshoot for myself when something is off and subsequently configure my settings. Great app, very useful.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.