Problems/suggestions/issues/questions: Check out the troubleshooting notes below. If they don't help, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to help sort them out!
CloudClip Manager lets you automatically share your clipboard items between all your devices.
It’s a handy menu of your recent clipboard items.
And the automatic iCloud sync makes it the easiest way to transfer phone numbers, locations, notes, and more between your Macs, iPhones, and iPads.
On the Mac: Any time you copy something to the clipboard, it automatically syncs to iCloud. Open CloudClip on your iOS device to access it.
On the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Copy something to the clipboard, open CloudClip to start the sync, and then access it from the CloudClip menu on your Mac.
Works between all your Macs and iOS devices!
It's very useful.
-Syncs your last 5-50 (15 by default) clipboard items, either manually or automatically.
-Will ignore clips from 1Password.
-Easily clear items individually or all at once with the Clear menu.
Global hotkey: Access the CloudClip menu with Control+Option+Command+V.
- Requires iCloud.
- iOS sync requires CloudClip for iOS, available in the iTunes App Store.
- For older operating system users: OS versions older than OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 are not compatible with newer OS versions. See our website for more information.
If things don't seem to be working properly, try the following on all your devices. (iCloud settings are found at Settings -> iCloud on your iOS devices, and System Preferences -> iCloud on your Macs.)
- Check all your devices are using the same iCloud account.
- Check iCloud Drive (or Documents & Data for older operating systems) is enabled on all your devices. (See below for notes on iCloud Drive.)
- Try restarting your devices.
- Try disabling and then re-enabling iCloud Drive on your devices.
- See our website for more information on using CloudClip with older versions of iOS and OS X.
If those don't seem to do the trick, email me at email@example.com. Thanks!
• Fixes and improved error handling that will hopefully help with some of the sync issues some users have been experiencing.
• Updates to some of the troubleshooting notes that were getting a bit out of date.
Ratings and Reviews
Works perfect - small glitch
This little application works perfectky. Sometimes, I found that if I have two devices turned on and this application is running on both, there are duplicate entries. No big deal. It is a very simple solution to a small but large problem, specially for a person like me who hates to type.
This application works as iCloud clipboard should have, but does not. Incredibly helpful when you are sitting in front of three iMacs. Thanks!
Best feature? Enterprise Wireless-Ready! Uses iCloud.
The single most important feature in this app is that the iOS and OS X versions keep each other up-to-date and in-step. There are some other options that have broader support for URL Schemes and a lot of automation potential but this one doesn't rely on local discovery via Bonjour or require a third-party service to handle your data.
Enterprise networks (and even somewhat complex SoHo/Home environments) are often segmented in a way that precludes devices on different logical subnets from being aware of one-another (Bonjour uses multicast and etc etc tl;dr: many wireless networks can't discover devices that are also on the same SSID because the networks are segmented) so a solution that uses Apple's APIs for storage and notifications means this stuff works anyway!
Well done. Thank you for not requiring users to sign up with some other storage service and letting our data stay in iCloud.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.