By Thinkbitz Software Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Problems/suggestions/issues/questions: Check out the troubleshooting notes below. If they don't help, please email me at email@example.com to help sort them out!
CloudClip lets you automatically share your clipboard items between all your devices.
On the Mac: Any time you copy something to the clipboard, it automatically syncs to iCloud. Open CloudClip on your iOS device to access it.
On the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Copy something to the clipboard, open CloudClip to start the sync, and then access it from the CloudClip menu on your Mac.
Works between all your Macs and iOS devices!
Tap an item:
Phone number - Dial or text message
Web address - Opens in your browser
Location - Opens in maps
Email Address - Opens an email
Anything else - Copies to clipboard
Swipe left or long press on an item for more options, or tap the detail button to read long clips.
It's incredible handy.
Automatically syncs your last 15 clipboard items. Easily clear items individually by swiping left on the item, or all at once in the app's Settings.
Check out the Settings to also set:
- Whether to automatically add clips
- Whether to add clips while the app is running in the background
- Choose your favorite browser and Maps app
- View help and troubleshooting tips.
- Requires iCloud.
- Mac sync requires CloudClip Manager for Mac, available for free in the Mac App Store.
- For OS X Yosemite and iOS 8, see notes below for information about iCloud Drive
If things don't seem to be working properly, try the following on all your devices. (iCloud settings are found at Settings -> iCloud on your iOS devices, and System Preferences -> iCloud on your Macs.)
- Check all your devices are using the same iCloud account.
- Check Documents & Data or iCloud Drive is enabled on all your devices. (See below for notes on iCloud Drive.)
- Try restarting your devices.
- Try disabling and then re-enabling Documents & Data or iCloud Drive on your devices.
- iCloud Drive is a replacement feature, introduced in iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, for the Documents & Data feature in older versions of iOS.
- OS X Yosemite requires iCloud Drive, and will not sync with older versions of OS X or iOS.
- iOS 8 supports either iCloud Drive (to sync with OS X Yosemite) or Documents & Data (to sync with older versions of iOS and OS X).
- You can enable iCloud Drive in Settings -> iCloud on your iOS 8+ devices, and System Preferences -> iCloud on OS X.
- Once you upgrade to iCloud Drive, older versions will no longer sync at all. The upgrade is irreversible.
- See this Apple Support document for more information: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT201104
If those don't seem to do the trick, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
URL SCHEME SUPPORT
cloudclip://add/(url encoded text)
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- Pull to refresh.
- Fixes for crashes/issues on iOS 8.
- Support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
Except for recent synchronization failing...
…this is normally one of my favorite apps, it has lately (since iOS 8.x update???) stopped synchronizing on my iPhone 5. Have tried all troubleshooting steps that the developer recommends. Confident that Thinkbitz will sort this out. Having said that, this is indispensable if you own a Mac and an iPhone. So nice to be able to copy things and see them immediately on the other device. I do wish for a longer time-out period (why have one at all if the phone is plugged in and on Wi-Fi?), the ability to copy photos and larger files. Looking forward to the bug fix and resuming the fast shared clipboard.
I love this app!
It really simplifies my workflow to be able to sync my clipboard between my Mac and iOS devices and be able to refer to older clips on any device. I don't know why anyone would use a clipboard manager that doesn't also sync to their Mac. My only hope is that they will be able to sneak in Notification Center functionality.
Latest version still does not sync reliability
The only thing this app has to do is sync. It does not. I can copy something in my iMac and will wait hours. I usually have to uninstall the app and install it again, then I get one good sync and that is it. No sync, no stars
And the force quits are unacceptable, It usually face quits two or three times before it stays loaded and does not sync
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 20, 2014
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thinkbitz Software Studio
- © Copyright Thinkbitz
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.