cloudLibrary – browse, borrow and enjoy
By Bibliotheca Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The cloudLibrary allows you to borrow and read eBooks and eAudiobooks from your local public library for free. Your library must subscribe to the service and you will be required to enter your library card and PIN to access the content. Navigation and personalization makes it easier than ever to find eBooks or Audiobooks from your local public library. This app includes a fully functional reader allowing the user to read their eBook directly in the app, as well as bookmark and save the position of their book across devices. It also includes an Audiobook player, allowing the user to download, play and listen to their books offline.
What's New in Version 3.4.15
Support for 11 languages
Wish library hadn't switched to CloudLibrary
While CloudLibrary has all the basic functions, it has much more of the frustrations. The app frequently crashes when listening to audio books, especially when it's not running in the foreground. Segments download in random order and it's usually the first couple of chapters that download last, so it's impossible to listen to a partially downloaded book. To add to that, I frequently get errors that a segment can't be played even if it is downloaded and the only work-around I've found is to return the book and re-download the entire book (assuming I can still re-check it out). Finally, though the main listening screen shows the current progress, the chapter screen won't show the current chapter unless the book is playing, making it harder to move forward and back through the book. Final+1, when the app crashes, which it still does too often, there are too many taps to get back to playing the book. Why does the menu bar have to always cover the book I'm wanting to play?
Font too Small
No real improvements in the app it is fundamentally flawed. The Navigation is not intuitive. The reading experience is never quite as comfortable as desired. It doesn’t always take you back to the last page read if you are switching between different devices, which for me is a Surface and an iPhone 6+. I am grateful to able to read ebooks, so I am willing to make do with the CloudLibrary app. Example of a reasonable feature, when opening the app it should return the last book page read. Hey that is what I am currently reading so why not return me back to where I left off.
Previously having the opportunity to use the Kindle reader I view this reader as clumsy and difficult. It is not unusual when reading, on a W10 device, for the page to shrink considerably and not be able regain control of the page size or font. When I buy a Kindle book, rather than checking one out of the library, the book reading is unhindered by the the Kindle reader app not true for the 3M app.
Love audiobooks but this app won't evolve
I love audiobooks! But sadly this app is writing on the coat tails of libraries that use it. The fixes are simple.
- i'm on a waiting list for books that say they won't be available for up to 360 days! That wouldn't be the case if they let you bump the next person in front of you if the book comes available to you but you're not ready to read it. I have two books sitting in my phone ready to be listened to that I won't be listening to them for at least a week. If I had rejected them when they came available I would've been bumped back to the end of the line. But instead it would've been nice to be able to let the next person go.
- there are so many books that used to be available with our previous audiobooks supplier and now are not with this one. This selection is not great. And then with the above comment it takes forever to get some books.
- I miss the option of suggestions that if I liked one book then I might find these similar books to be good too. People who read one particular book also liked suggested books.
- there is no renewal option! More than once I only needed a couple more days to finish a book and couldn't get that. I wish they would let you renew for 72 hours. Then someone close to the end of a book could binge on it and get it finished.
- many other great suggestions by other people but not taken up on.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 26, 2017
- Version: 3.4.15
- Size: 45.8 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Maori, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish
- Seller: Bibliotheca Ltd
- © Copyright 2012-2017, Bibliotheca
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.