Enter the cockpit and see with the eyes of your drone - CloudlightFPV turns your VR headset into high quality FPV goggles.
- First Person View (FPV) optimized for VR headsets.
- On-Screen-Display (OSD) shows live telemetry data such as battery level, height or camera orientation.
- Pilot FPV mode allows to instantly switch the video signal between the drones point of view and that of the pilot.
- Head-Tracking allows you to control the camera by turning or tilting your head. (2 axis on models that support it, single axis on all other models)
CloudlightFPV is build on the official DJI Level1 SDK which means that it will not and can not send control input to the drone, only read and display data from it.
- DJI Phantom 3 (All Models)
- DJI Phantom 4 (All Models)
- DJI Inspire 1 (All Models)
- DJI Mavic Pro
Phantom 2 owners please have a look at the CloudlightFPV Legacy version.
- Zeiss VROne
- All cardboard-style headsets
- A VR Headset
- One of the supported drones
- Fixed issue where hardware accelerated video decoding would not work with some models
- Fixed issue where split-view would not fit some headsets even though configured properly
- Fixed compatibility issue with iOS11
- Upgraded to latest Cardboard SDK
- Upgraded to latest DJI SDK
Ratings and Reviews
Works, but flawed and no support
First off, this app does work, at least with an iPhone 6. It is a bit buggy get up and running, but closing and reopening will usually fix the problem. And in a $20 headset, and instant FPV VR.
The app is still lacking, such as there is no way to start or end a recording from within the app itself. My real issue is with apps ability to display both my remote signal strength and GPS signal strength. It will tell me my battery percentage, but that is all. If I don't know the signal strength, this basically negates my ability to fly longer distances. I won't fly blind, without this information.
What's worse, is that I sent this information to their support department weeks ago, and have never heard a thing. If I could actually contact these people, I'd ask for a refund. Buy at your own risk.
Works like a charm!
I've not used any VR applications before, but bought a cheap headset to try with this app. As a new Phantom 3 owner, I'm still a little timid at the controls. I thought that looking only through the drone's camera would make it easier to avoid confusing right and left directions when the drone is moving my way.
The app works very well! I'm much more confident flying, especially in tight areas.
I wish the app had direct access to photos and videos the way DJI's app does, and I really miss not having my flights logged as DJI's app always does.
I've had minor problems connecting to the drone after shutting off my phone or the remote, but exiting the app fully and restarting solves that problem.
I'm using a iPhone 6 Plus, and have no problems with the app, as other reviews have indicated.
COULD BE GREAT
When CloudLight works it's PHENOMENAL, however since I first purchased the app it always works for a couple mins and then crashes over and over. Anyone complaining about the actual optics, or Zeiss compatibility isn't enabling pre distortion or something else on their end. We've tested this app with just about every combination of phones and VR headsets. Only problem here is functionality of the actual app.
Head tracking is also spot on--so long as your gimbal settings in the advanced configurations are set correctly. If you have them set too low, the gimbal can't keep up with the speed of the head tracker
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.