ClouDrop for Cloudapp
By ShabzCo, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get it while it's on Sale!
ClouDrop for Cloudapp is the most revolutionary and beautiful way to use CloudApp on your iOS device.
Share, upload, bookmark, and view files directly from ClouDrop. It doesn't get any easier than this.
* ClouDrop includes features never seen in any other Cloud application on the market
* FEATURES *
- Upload to ClouDrop in the background!!
--> you can close out the app and copy as many urls/text snips/photos you want and they will all be uploaded to CloudApp without even going back into the app.
- Upload existing files from things you've copied to your pasteboard or your photo/video library (Choose Multiple Files at a time).
- Create archive (zip) files when choosing multiple items to upload if needed.
- Use your camera to take photos or videos to upload them to the cloud.
- Add files from apps that support document interaction ("open in..")
- View all your CloudApp drops natively in the app.
- View photos in a great built in photo viewer
- Natively view photos, music, videos, text, PDFs and all Office/iWork documents in the app.
- Built-in Music player!
- Play Music in the background!
- Background uploading so you don't have to wait while your files are being uploaded.
- View information about items
- Share items to Twitter using iOS 5 Twitter support
- Share items to Facebook
- Change privacy of items
- Delete Items
- Beautiful UI and design
- Restore items from recently deleted Drops
- and much more!
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Better visual representation when selecting a photo from library
- Tap and hold the upload button to upload your latest photo
- View percentage on uploads
- Fixed some image cacheing issues.
Go to Settings -->Account -->Clear Cache if you're having troubles
- Other bug fixes
ClouDrop for iOS 7 is finally here!
- Completely redesigned
- Album covers are looked up for music items
- Fixed Open in bug
- Images now upload at full resolution
- Fixed a image caching issue
(if the wrong images are showing up please tap the gear icon --> Account --> Clear cache)
Great, but menus need refinement
This app does *more* than CloudApp's official desktop client which I think is dandy. Additionally, the app is reliable and crazy fast.
However, IMHO the menus could use some work. For starters, the icons for "share link to media" and "send media directly to an app" are inscrutable from one another. Moreover, if you have a lot of apps and you want to send the media to another app, it's unpleasant to scroll through a single row of icons hunting for the desired app (eg when you want to send an image from ClouDrop to an image editor).
Personally, I'd love to see the developers embrace something like the "overshare" library into ClouDrop. This would A) let users choose a specific set of apps to be displayed and B) provide a scrolling list which is much easier to navigate.
Upload, download, export, share link etc all there.
To the user "ohceedee" above that couldn't figure out how to save a photo to his Camera Roll: it's easy. Just open the pic within the app, then press and hold your finger directly on the photo for a second. You will get an option to Save your photo to your device. That's pretty standard UI design (press and hold for options).
Works great, but lacks key feature
Well worth the buck. Works flawlessly from my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air 2 (even supports iPad with a native display!).
Why only 4 stars then?
Go to your camera roll, then click the Share button. There's no option for this app, even if you click the more button and try to add it. I don't want to have to open this app just to upload a photo real quick. I hope the devs add support for this.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 14, 2014
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ShabzCo, LLC
- © Shabbir Vijapura
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.