Clue: The Classic Mystery Game
By Marmalade Game Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Clue is the classic mystery game - A grand mansion… a dastardly murder… a gathering of suspicious characters.
Now you can play the beloved Hasbro family board game on the go.
WHO, with WHAT weapon and WHERE? Download the official app and crack the case!
Join Miss Scarlet, Colonel Mustard, Mrs Peacock, Mr Green, Dr Orchid and Professor Plum on a night of murder and mystery in Tudor Mansion.
Mr. Boddy has been murdered! But who did it? With what weapon? In which room?
Roll the die to move around the mansion and ask questions: “I suggest it was Miss Scarlet, with the Rope, in the Study!”
Use the innovative logic-assisted virtual Clue Sheet to take notes and eliminate red herrings.
Make brilliant deductions and solve the crime first!
What's New in Version 1.0.4
- Stability improvements
Long Overdue, Minor Quibble
This app faithfully translates the current version of the Hasbro board game to mobile devices. The modified board layout is much better suited to mobile play than the classic board would have been. There's little replay value, however, without an online multiplayer option or some kind of achievement system. The character pawns look ridiculous lurching around the board; a gliding movement would be better if they're not going to be animated to walk.
So far I've only experienced two errors in gameplay. Once I was unable to remain in a room after being moved by an opponent, and I've seen one instance of the wrong character name used in the text on the accusations screen. The app is still in its early days, though, and I'm sure these minor quirks will be ironed out in future updates.
For a fun 15-20 minute diversion in classic Clue/Cluedo style, the app delivers, but there's no incentive to spend any more time in the app. New players might find the brief instructions & tutorial somewhat lacking, but I don't believe this app will be anyone's first exposure to the game.
I LOVE THIS!!
I don't usually write reviews, but this is my favorite app! Why? Because:
1) It's my favorite board game that stays true to the original playing rules
2) I love the graphics
3) I love how the game is displayed and how easy it is to play
4) I enjoy being able to pick how many I can play against (up to 6 players. You and 5 other computerized players) along choosing what the computer's difficulty level is (easy, medium, hard).
5) I enjoy the music and sound effects
6) There are NO in-app purchases which is a huge plus!
7) Last, but not least, I genuinely love playing this game!
I do recommend a couple of things however, but they are very minor.
1) Make it so it's PvP (Player vs Player) instead of just Player vs Computer. For example:
a) Pass and Play
b) Online Mode
1) Make it so you can choose how many players you want to play against and that player can be put in that specific lobby because some players might not have time to play with 5 other people. However, they might want to play a quicker game with just 3 other players.
2) Possibly add new boards so there is a variety of what type of scenes a player might want to play. For example:
b) amusement park
c) the mall
d) different planets (space version)
e) world landmarks (Pyramids, White House, Leaning Tower of Piza, Eiffel Tower, etc)
3) Most importantly, please keep the board game in this version for people who still enjoy the classic Clue!
Thank you! 😁
All time classic
I remember playing this game with family on holidays. Fun memories.
The app could be improved however.
1. Multiplayer system - local and online
2. Better note management - let us add a symbol next to numbers or something like that to indicate things. For example, I write down number for the round the person said yes to.
For example: plum guesses it's scarlett with candlestick in the kitchen and orchid has something on the first round. Then I mark "1" for scarlett, kitchen, and candlestick for orchid to indicate she has one or more of the three choices. Then maybe in the same round scarlett guesses the same thing with different weapon, and orchid says yes again - so candlestick will be off the list (still suspect but not as much) but now she said yes twice to kitchen and scarlett! She must have one or both of those! Mark * next to 1 to indicate she said yes twice in one round.
That's just an example of how it can be implemented but current one is very lacking, I can't for the life of me beat the computers on hard AI without resorting to writing things down myself on a notepad, ditching the game note.
3. A way to turn off animations, or switch graphics to simpler ones (more minimalistic) to preserve battery life / quicker playthrough.
Thanks for bringing the game to the appstore, absolutely love the game, just needs improvements!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 09, 2017
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 218 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Marmalade Game Studio Limited
- Clue is a trademark of Hasbro. ©2017 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.