The Cleveland Museum of Art announces the release of “CMA Mughal,” the first in a series of special exhibition mobile applications, designed in conjunction with the upcoming Art and Stories from Mughal India, opening July 31st, 2016. CMA Mughal incorporates the most popular features from the museum’s award winning permanent collection app, “ArtLens”, offering a more in-depth and engaging experience for onsite and virtual visitors.
The CMA Mughal app includes:
• Multimedia tour that highlights selected paintings and stories featured in the exhibition.
• 100 tweetable facts, one for each of the 100 paintings in the exhibition.
• Audio glossary with pronunciation and definitions for over 100 names and terms.
• Interactive list of related events, including information about gallery tours, hours, parking, dining, ticketing and more.
• Information on planning your visit to the museum, such as hours, parking, dining, and membership opportunities.
The CMA Mughal app contains exclusive content about selected works providing interpretive and contextual information. This is an exhibition of miniatures and there are fascinating facts to be shared about the tiniest details. In honor of the museums centennial celebration, the app provides 100 facts for 100 paintings, each fact tweetable with a detailed high definition image to accompany each tweet.
Perhaps the most remarkable feature on the app is the audio glossary that not only defines specific terms found in the exhibition, but also provides audio enunciations of these unique words. Users will not only be experts in their knowledge of the art and stories of the Mughals, but they will also sound like experts through their proper pronunciation of the Mughal words.
CMA Mughal is available for free download to iPhones and iPads running iOS9 or higher.
In order to design this unique app, the Cleveland Museum of Art has partnered with DXY Solutions, LLC, a prominent creative technology agency based in Cleveland. DXY was strategically selected because of their expertise with experienced based technology. Consequently, CMA Mughal represents the highest level of enhancing learning through experiences and making art accessible to all museum visitors. As mentioned above, CMA Mughal is the first in a series of apps the museum will develop in conjunction with a series of planned exhibitions. Each app will be similar in accessibility and format, but each will also be unique in order to best showcase specific exhibitions.
- THE CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF ART INC
- 283.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2016 The Cleveland Museum of Art
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.