Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
CmdVees is a minimalistic pasteboard enhancement for your Mac. With CmdVees you copy texts sequentially and paste them, one after another, elsewhere. You don't need to switch apps and move back and forth just to avoid overwriting the pasteboard.
Ready for OS X Lion.
When you paste a saved item, it's removed from CmdVees history. When you paste again, the next one will be used and removed, and so on.
For example: imagine you receive a message with a web address, a user name and a password. With CmdVees you copy all 3 bits of text sequentially: select the web address and press ⌘-C, select the user name and press ⌘-C and finally select the password and press ⌘-C. Now paste them sequentially too: open a browser and press ⌘-V to paste the URL, click the user name box and press ⌘-V, click the password box and press ⌘-V.
In short: ⌘-C, ⌘-C, ⌘-C, switch app, ⌘-V, ⌘-V, ⌘-V.
Copied items are accessible from a menu in the status bar, newest at the top. You can paste any saved snippet by choosing it from the menu.
To paste multiple items at once use the Join shortcut.
CmdVees is not limited to texts. You can copy almost anything (e-mails, RTF, web page fragments, etc.), and it will be converted to text when pasted, if necessary.
Visit http://2x3.in/cv to learn more.
Questions? Send me a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask me in Twitter: @CmdVees
What's New in Version 1.1.0
• Added Queue mode. Items will be pasted on the same order they were copied.
• Now there are 2 menus on menubar icon: left-click for copied items, right-click for commands and options.
• Added a preference: choose Stack or Queue mode. Also available as menu items on right-click menu.
• Added a preference: detect newest items on Joins and Clear operations.
• Added a preference: always join in the order items were copied (Stack mode only)
• Added a menu item: quit the background agent.
• Added Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Chinese (simplified) and German languages.
• Fixed issues with DVORAK and other keyboard layouts.
• Fixed a crash when the shortcut couldn't be translated to configured language.
The best clipboard manager.
My workflow requires that I copy information from my emails and then paste them one at a time in a different app. It is important that the clipboard removes the information once I paste it because otherwise it would be confusing. To my knowledge cmdvees is the only clipboard manager that does that. So many of the nice little features make this app perfect for me. It is also great for when I make shipments. All the information gets added on line. All you do is copy each bit of information from the address and you can paste it one area at a time.
This has saved me more time than any other utility. It is the perfect companion in my workflow.
This app extends the standard copy/paste method and maintains its simplicity, so you can incorporate it into your work flow immediately and intuitively. It remains light-weight and (most importantly) maintenance-free, cleverly adding just enough functionality, without adding the complexity and weight of a permanent "history list". In other words, it doesn't try to be a "half-baked" snipit manager app, which is the mistake made by most of the other pasteboard apps.
If a library of snipits is what you want, there are many full-blown snipit manager programs that can do that job, which I believe to be fundamentally different than the pasteboard extender function.
Copy items then paste lists!
I'm giving this 5 stars for two reasons: 1) It has a fully-functional free trial on the developer website.
2). It allows you to copy items and then paste them at the same time. My example: I want to manipulate a table from a PDf. Using CmdVees' "Join" command, I can simply highlight and copy each item in the PDF table and then "Join" them as separate entries in an Excel sheet. This is a huge time-saver, and I'll gladly pay $5 for that single feature.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 29, 2011
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Wuonm Web Services SL
- © wuonm 2011 All rights reserved
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later