CMP Grand Piano
By Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best sounding piano app in the App Store! Convince yourself by watching and listening to the demo video on our product website!
This app supports "Audiobus" (requires iOS 7), Apple's "Inter-App Audio" System (requires iOS 7) and the "JACK Audio Connection Kit" (up to iOS 6.1.3) for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps!
CMP Grand Piano is a high quality virtual piano sound module for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It is designed for professional usage on stage by connecting an external MIDI keyboard to the iPad / iPhone / iPod touch by using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple.¹
CMP Grand Piano provides a very realistic sound by using a very large collection of audio samples of more than 1.7 GB (uncompressed) in size. Various articulations of each key of a real piano were sampled in full length and high quality to assemble this realistic sound. Real-time disk streaming is utilized to playback the respective audio samples with very low latency.
- Two high quality base sounds ("Grand Piano" and "Jazz Piano") with more than 1.7 GB in size.
- Two additional sounds available as in-app purchase ("Concert Grand" and "Upright Pianino") with additional 1.6 GB and 1.1 GB respectively in size.
- Polyphony up to 140 stereo voices.²
- Configurable audio latency down to 5ms.
- Integrated effects with 17 presets.
- MIDI velocity response curve editor to fine tune the feeling of your MIDI keyboard, save them as presets if you use more than one keyboard.
- App can keep running in the background, so you can play piano while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
- Hermode Tuning: Makes the sound more brilliant by controlling the pitch of the notes in multivoiced music to better frequency ratios than with fixed tuning. This dynamic tuning imitates the tuning behavior of well educated musicians with string and wind instruments and of singers in professional choirs.
- Audiobus support (iOS 7).
- Supports Apple's "Inter-App Audio" system for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (iOS 7).
- Supports "JACK Audio Connection Kit" for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps (up to iOS 6.1.3).
MIDI Player / Recorder:
- Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
- Unlimited amount of tracks.
- Unlimited recording and playback length.
- Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
- Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
- Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
- Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
Note: This app requires quite some hardware resources from the device. In case there are problems with this app, please close apps in the background by double pressing the device's home button, the list of active apps appears on the bottom of the screen, tap and hold one app icon in the list, then press the respective app icon "minus" corner to quit those apps.
¹ For more informations about supported adapters and MIDI keyboard devices, please visit our product website.
² Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
What's New in Version 1.11.21
This update provides several improvements and fixes concerning download of in-app purchase sounds, most notably:
• Individual sounds may now be uninstalled at any time on the new "Optional Sounds" overview screen.
• Paused or aborted downloads now resume at their previous download progress position instead of restarting the download from the beginning.
• Resolves download issues regarding unstable (i.e. cellular) Internet connections. The app now automatically handles resuming interrupted downloads without any user intervention required.
• Fixes potential low download transmission rates which could happen under certain circumstances.
• Fixes possible data corruption of downloaded sounds which previously could happen under certain circumstances.
• Resolves issues caused by low disk (SSD) space: User is now informed right at the beginning of the download in case there is not enough disk space available to download the respective sound. Previously the download aborted somewhere during the download process in such cases. Now once the download started without such an error message, it is guaranteed that the download will complete without causing a disk space related abort.
• Prevention of unintentional or accidental user abort of downloads: user is now always asked whether he really wants to abort the respective download.
• Improvement of download progress bar: an additional, animated green arrow symbolizes incoming data packets in real-time, which now makes it easy to recognise whether a download is still active or whether there are sometimes interruptions concerning the download data stream.
• Improved status text of downloads.
• Fixes undesired automatic start of downloads.
The sounds here are phenomenal. Would be nice to choose specific midi input device BUT it does allow midi channel selection, which is nice. Only complaint is that G above middle C in the Bechstein A190 addon has a tiny pop when playing loudly in an otherwise amazing instrument. Other CMP instruments in this app I've tried sound consistent but the one mentioned above is still probably my favorite.
No that good. The jazz piano is better than the grand piano
1) c3 sample sounds awful. The original grand piano has some issue and has been overused.
2) if you hold sustain pedal, the sustain of the note is totally inaccurate and exists a resonance of the strings that is artificial and unpleasant. The behavior is determined by the long samples that create artificial dissonance.
3) the velocity response settings do not give you a fine tuning of the controller response. I have a good controller.
4)controls for volume and effects are not midi mappable
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 23, 2016
- Version: 1.11.21
- Size: 670 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
- © 2012-2016 Crudebyte
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Concert Grand Piano$7.99
- Upright Pianino$3.99