CMS Lap Timer
By Pete Stoppani
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Cantrell Motorsports Lap Timer is the app for the race track enthusiast seeking to improve via learning and sharing.
This is the easiest to use GPS-based lap timer, data recorder, video recorder, and performance analysis app available for iOS devices.
The app does not require any track information to function fully right out of the box. Simply mount it in your vehicle and the app uses GPS to automatically learn the track and pick a suitable start/finish location, which can be change later if desired.
• No setup or calibration is required! Mount and go!
• Automatic recording; simply open the app to the Recorder screen and go!
• HD Video on devices that support it [In-App Purchase]
• GoPro action camera auto on/of and auto record [In-App Purchase]
• Pebble smart watch app available for status and manual record
• Real-time display of speed, g forces, and lap times
• Immediate analysis of performance data and video at the track [In-App Purchase]
• Lap and segment times
• Horsepower graph
• Automatic track mapping; no need for predefined track info
• High resolution GPS (upto 10Hz) using an external GPS module
• OBD2 data recording (using optional OBD2 modules) [In-App Purchase]
• Designed for auto-crossing, road racing, drag racing, karting, motorcycle racing, bicycle racing and more...
• Data sharing via Bluetooth (device to device at the track!), e-mail, and iTunes File Sharing
• Share and compare lap times using the CMS Cloud Service
• Export CSV for use with other apps such as RaceRender [In-App Purchase]
The Pro version includes all of the above in-app purchase options at a reduced price.
Overview of Operation
Recorded data is saved as Runs. Each Run starts when the vehicle exceeds 20MPH/33KPH and ends when the vehicle is moving slowly. The run includes several seconds of data before the recording trigger speed is reached. This way the start of an auto-cross run is included.
External GPS Modules
Due to limitations of the built-in GPS module, the data may suffer from inaccuracy. An external GPS module is recommended for improved accuracy.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Use of a power adaptor is highly recommended.
• Refer to the user guide for additional information:
• Also Available: CMS Lap Timer Pro for iOS
CMS Lap Timer Pro includes all the features above that are in-app purchases
What's New in Version 2.15
Fixed crash when showing list of runs on Video screen.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jun 22, 2017
- Version: 2.15
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pete Stoppani Consulting
- © 2010-15 Pete Stoppani Consulting, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Data AnalysisFree
- Video w/ Data Overlay$9.99
- OBD2 Data$9.99
- CSV Export$9.99