CMS Lap Timer - Data + Video Acquisition & Analysis (OBD2 Laptimer)
By Pete Stoppani
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Cantrell Motorsports Lap Timer is the app for the race track enthusiast seeking to improve via learning and sharing.
This is the easiest to use GPS-based lap timer, data recorder, video recorder, and performance analysis app available for iOS devices.
The app does not require any track information to function fully right out of the box. Simply mount it in your vehicle and the app uses GPS to automatically learn the track and pick a suitable start/finish location, which can be change later if desired.
⎟ Main Features⎢
• No setup or calibration is required! Mount and go!
• Automatic recording; simply open the app to the Recorder screen and go!
• HD Video on devices that support it [In-App Purchase]
• GoPro action camera auto on/of and auto record [In-App Purchase]
• Pebble smart watch app available for status and manual record
• Real-time display of speed, g forces, and lap times
• Immediate analysis of performance data and video at the track [In-App Purchase]
• Lap and segment times
• Horsepower graph
• Automatic track mapping; no need for predefined track info
• High resolution GPS (upto 10Hz) using an external GPS module
• OBD2 data recording (using optional OBD2 modules) [In-App Purchase]
• Designed for auto-crossing, road racing, drag racing, karting, motorcycle racing, bicycle racing and more...
• Data sharing via Bluetooth (device to device at the track!), e-mail, and iTunes File Sharing
• Share and compare lap times using the CMS Cloud Service
• Export CSV for use with other apps such as RaceRender [In-App Purchase]
The Pro version includes all of the above in-app purchase options at a reduced price.
⎜ Overview of Operation ⎟
Recorded data is saved as Runs. Each Run starts when the vehicle exceeds 20MPH/33KPH and ends when the vehicle is moving slowly. The run includes several seconds of data before the recording trigger speed is reached. This way the start of an auto-cross run is included.
⎜ External GPS Modules ⎢
Due to limitations of the built-in GPS module, the data may suffer from inaccuracy. An external GPS module is recommended for improved accuracy.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Use of a power adaptor is highly recommended.
• Refer to the user guide for additional information:
• Also Available: CMS Lap Timer Pro for iOS
CMS Lap Timer Pro includes all the features above that are in-app purchases
What's New in Version 2.5
Fixed crash when loading second run into Analysis.
It works great
So many gps lap timers either don't work at all, or are a PITA. When I go to the track, I'm on a motorcycle and I don't want to mess around with my phone on my handlebars trying to get a start/stop point. This app is the first app I've used that makes it so you can just go ride, then come back and review your times. Of course with the blessing of automated track learning/timing, you may get an incorrect time for the first lap or two as it learns and creates a start/stop, but after that it looks to be pretty darn accurate. Great app, wouldn't recommend any other gps lap timer, this is the one to have!
Works really well. Sometimes I'm not confident that it is recording.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jul 10, 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pete Stoppani Consulting
- © 2010-15 Pete Stoppani Consulting, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Data AnalysisFree
- Video w/ Data Overlay$9.99
- CSV Export$9.99
- OBD2 Data$9.99