CNBC Business News and Finance
By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rated "one of the best apps for timid first-time investors” by GoBankingRates.com
Access the power of CNBC on your iPhone or iPad with our universal app. Get fast, accurate and actionable business news, financial information, and market data from the network that is First in Business Worldwide.
Stream CNBC shows like Squawk Box live, or access full episodes of CNBC Prime’s American Greed or The Profit with video on demand (U.S. only). CNBC’s app delivers real-time stock market quotes throughout the day, direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ. View stock charts with customizable timeframes, including pre-market and after-hours trading data. Create a personalized video playlist or customize your own stock Watchlists.
Get CNBC’s breaking news alerts and stay on top of the market no matter where you are. Click on the red banner while in the app, or adjust your device settings to accept alerts through the app.
Download the CNBC app for free now.
CNBC App Features:
Real-Time Streaming Stock Quotes and Interactive Charts
- Stock market data direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ, from 4 am to 8 pm ET
- Interactive charts with customizable timeframes
- Global business news coverage, exclusive video, company and executive profiles, earnings and key metrics
Watch CNBC Live
- Real-time business news with CNBC TV live streaming on your iPhone and iPad, or wirelessly play video on HDTV with Apple TV’s AirPlay
- Full episodes of CNBC shows, like Mad Money and American Greed, with Video on Demand
- Access by logging in with your cable or satellite subscription
Breaking News Alerts
- Critical breaking news alerts pushed directly to your iPhone or iPad
- Includes 24-hour global coverage for stock market news, top business stories, analysis and expert opinions on the economy, personal finance, world markets, investment, technology, politics, energy, health care, and more
Customizable Watchlists (formerly My Stocks)
- Create and track your favorite company stocks in real-time, with access to integrated charts and business news headlines
- Sort features include volume, percentage change, personalized lists, and more
- Access top stocks of the day being followed and discussed on CNBC
Exclusive Video Content
- Create your own video playlist on your iPhone or iPad
- Over 150 new video clips uploaded each day
- Global coverage from CNBC’s TV networks in the U.S., Europe, and Asia
- Access over 850 interviews conducted with business professionals and finance industry experts
What's New in Version 3.6.2
New in 3.6.2:
This update resolves an issue found in v3.6 and v3.6.1 that caused some Watchlists to display an error message (don’t worry, your Watchlist was not deleted!)
New in 3.6:
- Added a persistent header in news articles for easier navigation
- Added a quote search icon in Watchlists
- Added ETFs and Funds under Markets
- Optimizations for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixed article sharing bug where the link did not appear in the email
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Careless content cannon
Media and content dominate the new CNBC app. The problem is that content lacks insight and accuracy. Much of the content is repetitive as they tell you that some analysts have suggested Samsung needs to come out with a product that feels premium . "Analysts have suggested Samsung needs to come out with a product that feels premium and be able to fight back against Samsung."
Carelessness? Or is it just carelessness? Either way consuming content from CNBC is riskier, more costly (in terms of time and lack of insights), and panderingly petty. (Yes this review stinks of really bad writing. And you can find lots more at the new CNBC app.)
The CNBC app...that gave the investing world its first stock list without stock symbols...has fixed things enough to resemble the original version. It’s still harder to read. But usable enough that I now give it two stars. (It deserves three, but is penalized for several wasted, frustrating months. A little research upfront would’ve saved your crack designers all their growing pains.) Now, all these ESTs remind us that the quotes are recorded from eastern STANDARD time, not Daylight, as we might have otherwise thought...right?
Great Financial News
This app and site give me both an efficient and comprehensive look at my portfolio, at stocks I follow and at key news for the last 24 hours. Ads are under control and a small price to pay for such a great FREE site
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 25, 2015
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 28.2 MB
- Language: En
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2015 CNBC LLC. All Rights Reserved. A Division of NBCUniversal.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.