CNBC Business News and Finance
By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rated "one of the best apps for timid first-time investors” by GoBankingRates.com
Access the power of CNBC on your iPhone or iPad with our universal app. Get fast, accurate and actionable business news, financial information, and market data from the network that is First in Business Worldwide.
Stream CNBC shows like Squawk Box live, or access full episodes of CNBC Prime’s American Greed or The Profit with video on demand (U.S. only). CNBC’s app delivers real-time stock market quotes throughout the day, direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ. View stock charts with customizable timeframes, including pre-market and after-hours trading data. Create a personalized video playlist or customize your own stock Watchlists.
Get CNBC’s breaking news alerts and stay on top of the market no matter where you are. Click on the red banner while in the app, or adjust your device settings to accept alerts through the app.
Download the CNBC app for free now.
CNBC App Features:
Real-Time Streaming Stock Quotes and Interactive Charts
- Stock market data direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ, from 4 am to 8 pm ET
- Interactive charts with customizable timeframes
- Global business news coverage, exclusive video, company and executive profiles, earnings and key metrics
Watch CNBC Live
- Real-time business news with CNBC TV live streaming on your iPhone and iPad, or wirelessly play video on HDTV with Apple TV’s AirPlay
- Full episodes of CNBC shows, like Mad Money and American Greed, with Video on Demand
- Access by logging in with your cable or satellite subscription
Breaking News Alerts
- Critical breaking news alerts pushed directly to your iPhone or iPad
- Includes 24-hour global coverage for stock market news, top business stories, analysis and expert opinions on the economy, personal finance, world markets, investment, technology, politics, energy, health care, and more
Customizable Watchlists (formerly My Stocks)
- Create and track your favorite company stocks in real-time, with access to integrated charts and business news headlines
- Sort features include volume, percentage change, personalized lists, and more
- Access top stocks of the day being followed and discussed on CNBC
Exclusive Video Content
- Create your own video playlist on your iPhone or iPad
- Over 150 new video clips uploaded each day
- Global coverage from CNBC’s TV networks in the U.S., Europe, and Asia
- Access over 850 interviews conducted with business professionals and finance industry experts
What's New in Version 3.6.2
New in 3.6.2:
This update resolves an issue found in v3.6 and v3.6.1 that caused some Watchlists to display an error message (don’t worry, your Watchlist was not deleted!)
New in 3.6:
- Added a persistent header in news articles for easier navigation
- Added a quote search icon in Watchlists
- Added ETFs and Funds under Markets
- Optimizations for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixed article sharing bug where the link did not appear in the email
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Not good. Look elsewhere.
While an improvement over the first “upgrade” attempt, this app is still severely lacking.
For a red green color blind person like myself (as is a significant percentage of the general population), it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to tell the red font from the green font. The green and red background on for prices on the prior app was much better. Goes into the useless category now.
Why make it so that one has to go “backward” to find various watch lists as opposed to simply having them listed below? Wasted step/s.
Mutual data is VERY DELAYED compared to the prior app, by at least one hour and often more. I can look at the old app and see the current pricing but it isn’t on the new app yet.
Maybe it’s right in front of me but I cannot find intra-day high and low prices.
The extended hours tab is nice.
The font and spacing on the watch list for positions is still way to large. Big waste of space; much more data could be on the screen.
Needs a “2 day” option for charting. Looking at in intra-day chart when comparing to the prior day is valuable. Not sure why this feature was taken away.
Unless this is fixed, I’ll sure be trying to find another app. What was once just fine is not more. Another example of pushing a product out when it’s not ready for prime time.
This WAS one of my first apps and overall remains one of my favorites. However, I am recently VERY unhappy with ads popping up more than ever, to the point that I am considering not using this app! Also, the latest upgrades have new features that slow me down, with the most irritating being that I must scroll back to the top of an article to get to another vs having an arrow at the bottom of an article as well.
We watch CNBC on TV most weekdays and would prefer to maintain status quo with this app IF irritants as described above are fixed!
New version good but has its issues
When it initially came out I liked how you could scroll through all your stock watch lists under the first option and then limit to individual lists. Now can't scroll through all at one time.... Some of the videos are a little ridiculous with rap-like remixes of Cramer and the fast money crew. Would prefer all to be more professional and less glamorized...
Good overall though and use daily to track the markets, stocks and market related news.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 25, 2015
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 28.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2015 CNBC LLC. All Rights Reserved. A Division of NBCUniversal.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.