CNBC Business News and Finance
By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Access the power of CNBC on your iPhone, iPad or now - Apple Watch! Get fast, accurate and actionable business news, financial information, and market data. PLUS stay on top of the market no matter where you are with breaking news alerts.
**Rated ‘one of the best apps for timid first-time investors’ by GoBankingRates.com
Download CNBC to:
- Stream CNBC shows, including Squawk Box, live or access full episodes of CNBC Prime’s top shows like American Greed or The Profit with video on demand (U.S. Only).
- Get real-time stock market quotes and global market data throughout the day.
- View pre-market and after-hours trading data, plus charts with customizable timeframes.
- Create a personalized video playlist or customize your own stock Watchlists.
Apple Watch users - Check your Watchlists, Markets, Top News, and get breaking news alerts all from your wrist! We’ve also included the newest accessibility features, including VoiceOver and font adjustment.
CNBC PRO subscribers – Sign in with your email address and password to unlock all of the CNBC PRO articles in the app.
CNBC Features Include:
Real-Time Streaming Stock Quotes and Interactive Charts
- Interactive charts with customizable timeframes
- Global business news coverage, exclusive video, company and executive profiles, earnings and key metrics
Watch CNBC Live
- Real-time business news with CNBC TV live streaming on your iPhone and iPad or wirelessly play video on HDTV with Apple TV’s AirPlay
- Full episodes of CNBC shows like Mad Money, American Greed, and The Profit with Video on Demand
- Unlock it all by logging in with your cable or satellite subscription
Breaking News Alerts
- Critical breaking news alerts - Click on the red banner while in the app or adjust your device settings to accept alerts through the app
- Includes 24-hour global coverage for stock market news, top business stories, analysis and expert opinions on the economy, personal finance, world markets, investment, technology, politics, energy, health care, and more
- Create and track favorite company stocks in real-time with access to interactive charts and business news headlines
- Sort features include volume, percentage change, personalized lists, and more
Exclusive Video Content
- Create your own video playlist on your iPhone or iPad
- Over 150 new video clips uploaded each day
- Global coverage from CNBC’s TV networks in the U.S., Europe, and Asia
- Access over 850 interviews conducted with business professionals and finance industry experts
PRO News and Insights – Exclusively for CNBC PRO Subscribers
- PRO articles within the app experience
What's New in Version 4.0
UPDATE TODAY: Now available on Apple Watch!
You’ll have the ability to do all of the following on your Apple Watch:
- Check your Watchlists, Markets and Top News headlines
- Receive breaking news notifications
- Use Force Touch on Watchlists or Markets to change between price, % change and price change
- View extended hours pricing after market close
- Tap on a Top News headline to bookmark to read later on your iPhone
- Open a Top News headline on your iPhone using Handoff when viewing the headline on your Apple Watch
Updates for the iPhone and iPad app include:
- CNBC PRO subscribers can now read PRO news and insights – Simply sign in to the app to unlock access to all articles in the app
- We reduced the number of pop-up advertisements to improve the reading experience for our users
We’re invested in making the CNBC App the best app for investors. We’d love to hear from you. Tell us what you love, like and how the app can be improved by emailing email@example.com.
Not Broken Why Fix ?
The old CNBC App was easy to read. It had excellent graphics. Now it looks like someone is typing on a red, green, blue ribbon typewriter.
At least the call letters of a stock should be in BOLD TYPEFACE. The photos with current "news" are pretty good. But, the whole App is BLAND. The Stock Market is never bland. CNBC on TV is exciting and interesting. The graphics are strong and prompt the viewer to be involved. Why don't you guys take a look at that, and the old App (no longer supported), and have a competent designer go to work. This is not personal. This is asking for content presented in a way that represents the U.S. Stock Market as it should be. And in a way that makes people want to stay involved with your app.
A Giant Leap… Behind
It's hard to improve on the excellent reviews ahead of me. The old "no longer supported" version is still the better choice. This "update of the update" app could only be positively received by new users of smart phones and the Internet. The "old" app was not broken. Most users appear to be looking for a fast, easy to interpret interface -- not a graphic arts student's design project. CNBC, please purge this new version -- not the negative reviews.
This app is complete crap - at least to me and what I use it for which is symbol & stock look up/searches. It's fine for like the first handful but after that, it just lags, freezes and takes forever - and for what reason? I don't know. I find myself quickly closing it and moving on to Bloomberg or google.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 42.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2015 CNBC LLC. All Rights Reserved. A Division of NBCUniversal.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.