CNET: Best Tech News & Reviews
By CBS Interactive
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
CNET, the #1 source for tech news and reviews, puts the biggest stories of the day and expert advice on the products you need to own, right in the palm of your hand.
Everything in the new CNET app (designed for both iPhone and iPad) is focused on the areas that you -- as a tech fan -- care the most about: staying up-to-date with the news and making informed product purchases.
STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH TECH NEWS:
- FEATURED STORIES: Don’t have much time but need to stay in the know? CNET combines editorial picks with popular and trending news to feature the most important stories in the tech world.
- LATEST STORIES: Never miss a beat with our broad coverage. Nearly 100 new items published daily! Topics include:
- Technology industry and companies (Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more)
- Key technology categories such as mobile, computers, internet, and security
- Related topics such as culture, science, and entertainment (yes, CNET does talk about Star Trek occasionally)
- STUNNING GALLERIES: Easily view CNET’s beautiful photography within galleries on a single page.
- BREAKING NEWS ALERTS: Get timely notifications on CNET’s exclusive scoops and in-depth features.
MAKE INFORMED PRODUCT PURCHASE DECISIONS:
- HUGE PRODUCT BREADTH: Whatever type of product you’re interested in (phones, headphones, smart home devices, and more), CNET helps you find the best, at the best price. The independent reviews team spends countless hours putting everything through the ringer so you don’t have to! If it has an “on” button, odds are CNET reviews it.
- FIND THE BEST: Want the best wireless headphones, but don’t have time to wade through every single product review? That’s understandable -- CNET has written literally thousands of them. With that in mind, CNET’s made recommendations for the best of the best just a quick tap away.
- SEARCH ANY PRODUCT: If the best lists don’t have it, CNET’s search definitely does. It’s anchored by the largest tech product review catalog in the world. If that’s not enough, how about lightning-fast autosuggestions powered by natural language processing (NLP), artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). Fancy tech words FTW! OMGLOLBBQ!
- IMMERSIVE VIDEO: Quickly learn about a product with CNET’s premium video reviews, which accompany nearly all of CNET’s reviews (in case you forgot by now, there are *thousands* of these).
- IN-DEPTH REVIEWS: Need to know more than the highlights? No problem. CNET’s high-quality reviews are done with hours of research and testing, and our reviews provide you with all that data and analysis, along with clear recommendations with our signature “Good, Bad, and Bottom Line” and rating summary. CNET saves you time and money by helping you find the right product quickly.
- FAST-TRACK PURCHASE: You’ve read the review, compared it against a few others, and you’re ready to buy - nice. You’re a tap away from buying it, and at the best price.
Download CNET today to keep up with the #1 source for news you care about!
CNET is a collection of self-described tech-savvy and tech-obsessed people, not dissimilar to yourself. Alongside the world’s largest volume of high-quality unbiased product reviews, CNET is the go-to source for news and recommendations about the latest tech and consumer electronics.
Comments, Questions, or Feedback: email@example.com
What's New in Version 4.0.4
A big bug fix: Hyperlinks show up in content again (phew, really sorry for that bummer earlier)! Plus, an issue around title and text overlapping no longer occurs.
Worst update if the history of updating
I would like to start by say that I have been use CNET for about 10 months for news, tech, movies, and video games, and so on. The old version was very organized and easy to find what I was looking for. This is no longer the case. They have removed categories and reviews, they have removed any useful search engine, and they have removed the option to save articles. I cannot look for Apple news. I can’t find movie reviews. I can’t find phone carrier news. I can’t find any of their original, outside-the-box, fun stuff that was great. And, for a company that claims to be tech savvy, that don’t have an option to turn off video auto-play. This is causing me to drain data I unfortunately do not have. It’s unfortunate that they turned frankly one of the best apps in the App Store to complete and utter crap.
Used to be great
Update to latest update: Stories are loading! Yay! Hope it stays that way.
Will the stories not loading issue ever be fixed? The app is almost useless.
Latest update is buggy. Stories don’t load, so I’ve been using Safari to read Cnet. It’s too bad that it seems not all stories show up in Safari.
This used to be a great app, but they recently added ads right in their list of stories. This makes the ads look like articles that you might want to read. Their articles are getting overpopulated with ads as well. I understand they need to earn income, but this is very annoying. Other than that, their coverage of technology news is very good. They could use a proofreader, though.
Works great now!!
Definitely has earned five stars!!! Before the application had connection issues. It’s now working 100% now, thanks!!
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 20, 2017
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 74.0 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: CBS Mobile
- © 2017 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.