CNET, the #1 source for tech news and reviews, puts the biggest stories of the day and expert advice on the products you need to own, right in the palm of your hand.
Everything in the new CNET app (designed for both iPhone and iPad) is focused on the areas that you -- as a tech fan -- care the most about: staying up-to-date with the news and making informed product purchases.
STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH TECH NEWS:
- FEATURED STORIES: Don’t have much time but need to stay in the know? CNET combines editorial picks with popular and trending news to feature the most important stories in the tech world.
- LATEST STORIES: Never miss a beat with our broad coverage. Nearly 100 new items published daily! Topics include:
- Technology industry and companies (Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more)
- Key technology categories such as mobile, computers, internet, and security
- Related topics such as culture, science, and entertainment (yes, CNET does talk about Star Trek occasionally)
- STUNNING GALLERIES: Easily view CNET’s beautiful photography within galleries on a single page.
- BREAKING NEWS ALERTS: Get timely notifications on CNET’s exclusive scoops and in-depth features.
MAKE INFORMED PRODUCT PURCHASE DECISIONS:
- HUGE PRODUCT BREADTH: Whatever type of product you’re interested in (phones, headphones, smart home devices, and more), CNET helps you find the best, at the best price. The independent reviews team spends countless hours putting everything through the ringer so you don’t have to! If it has an “on” button, odds are CNET reviews it.
- FIND THE BEST: Want the best wireless headphones, but don’t have time to wade through every single product review? That’s understandable -- CNET has written literally thousands of them. With that in mind, CNET’s made recommendations for the best of the best just a quick tap away.
- SEARCH ANY PRODUCT: If the best lists don’t have it, CNET’s search definitely does. It’s anchored by the largest tech product review catalog in the world. If that’s not enough, how about lightning-fast autosuggestions powered by natural language processing (NLP), artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). Fancy tech words FTW! OMGLOLBBQ!
- IMMERSIVE VIDEO: Quickly learn about a product with CNET’s premium video reviews, which accompany nearly all of CNET’s reviews (in case you forgot by now, there are *thousands* of these).
- IN-DEPTH REVIEWS: Need to know more than the highlights? No problem. CNET’s high-quality reviews are done with hours of research and testing, and our reviews provide you with all that data and analysis, along with clear recommendations with our signature “Good, Bad, and Bottom Line” and rating summary. CNET saves you time and money by helping you find the right product quickly.
- FAST-TRACK PURCHASE: You’ve read the review, compared it against a few others, and you’re ready to buy - nice. You’re a tap away from buying it, and at the best price.
Download CNET today to keep up with the #1 source for news you care about!
CNET is a collection of self-described tech-savvy and tech-obsessed people, not dissimilar to yourself. Alongside the world’s largest volume of high-quality unbiased product reviews, CNET is the go-to source for news and recommendations about the latest tech and consumer electronics.
Comments, Questions, or Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
With this update, we welcome EU readers (hi, hello, enjoy). In addition, images on the landing page in the featured top section are no longer zoomed in and wonky; and bookmarking and podcasts should both be more reliable now. We support a new article format now (welcome, listicles) and the Deals section has been refreshed for all your holiday shopping desires.
Ratings and Reviews
Really Really Really Really Really Bad
Diagonal line? Way to waste screen space. And let’s not forget to waste battery too with white backgrounds. Don’t leave the app to do something else and try to return to finish reading an article, cause your chances of the app rebooting are about as good as death and taxes. The in the past app handled videos, and photos !!!, way better, to say the least. Years ago you could watch a vid, while reading a different article. Photos and video people. Seriously?!! Many more painful points to make, but this waste has been enough time to take.
It’s a horrible app, considering the size and power of the company from which it comes, and the freakin industry it covers!!! Does anyone test the app??? Sea net, sky net, whatever it is, is for information/specs. You think you can trust their opinions?
Update October 2018!... Still horrible : ( Was much better years ago, not great, but much better. Ads are much easier to stomach, if they pay for a great app. Oh, and if you turn the volume down to nothing on the ads your chances of the app crashing are like... you guessed it, d&t.
At least this review is making a difference. Oh wait, it’s not : |
BUT, now if you scroll away from the white background you can find out what time it is!! That took, what, a year? : o
UPDATED REPLY: Thanks for your updated review; we really appreciate your feedback. We've addressed some of the crashes in our latest update, 4.3.9; could you please check that out and let us know if it is has been resolved for you? If not, don't hesitate to send email to email@example.com so we can get your exact steps to reproduce the issue, and then correct it ASAP. Additionally, we are happy you noticed that we added the time info at the top; feedback like yours helps us continually improve our app for all users, so please keep the feedback coming!
ORIGINAL REPLY: Thanks for your feedback on the diagonal line and timestamp; I will pass it along. In the meantime, I'm happy to let you know we've made numerous video improvements in 4.2.1. Please check it out and let us know what you think!
iPhone XR rewiew
Please don’t assume everyone knows everything you are talking about as you speed by . Slow down a bit. Don’t zip by words that someone might not be familiar with and can’t look up because they aren’t articulated clearly . Otherwise glad you are giving the reviews!
EXCEPT the XR review where the silly Girl spent forever playing with the colors and seemed to go on forever ! Taking pictures of herself etc. that was too slow, and elementary child stuff.
Thank you for your feedback!
Microwave CNET video
I have been using their specific video for a long time, this time I found it and couldn’t see the words or directions because an obnoxious white diagonal line took up half the screen. When I touched it it would drag up or down making the video and words smaller, which is terrible when you’re trying to do something a few feet away and need to see the words. I hate the design, couldn’t figure it how to make it full screen. Too much white, and will probably not use it anymore as it’s no longer easy to use
Thanks for your feedback - this issue with a white diagonal line should definitely not be happening! We're having trouble reproducing the issue; could you please email firstname.lastname@example.org with steps to reproduce so that we can address this for you?
- CBS Mobile
- 120 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.