CNN App for iPad
By CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CNN connects you to the world, wherever you are.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Lead the conversation by sharing today’s news and dig deeper into the stories that matter most to you.
• Get breaking news alerts and follow top stories as they develop
• Watch live and on demand CNN TV events and shows with CNNgo. Instantly access any on-air story in the past day with links to all related digital articles, photos and more. (participating television provider sign-in required)
• Get in-depth coverage of international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories.
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? Email us at iPad@cnn.com with your suggestions on how we can create the best possible experience for you.
What's New in Version 4.0.0
We've improved our entire live TV viewing experience!
- All new design of CNNgo; improved live TV viewing experience and enhanced related content
- New “Shows” section for CNNgo with full library of CNN On Demand content at your fingertips
- CNNgo live TV preview now available
Same story: Another update, worse quality
The latest iPad version is terrible. There is no sound, only video. I have adjusted the volume, rebooted my iPad, deleted and re-installed the app. Nothing. I used to enjoy using the CNN app on my iPad but each version adds more bugs then the last. NEVER EVER, release untested software. Never. Either that or you have terrible software development or testing practices or both.
I have an iPad Air 2, however the app is messed on the iPhone too. I have sound on the iPhone however the icons flash and make it difficult to select. Here's a few suggestions for you:
- Move to Agile software development, if you are doing it, you're doing it wrong.
- Fire your product owner/manager. No real product owner/manager would ever let this kind of quality and technical debt see the light of day.
- If you are using off-shore development/testing, please stop and move it on shore. Clearly it needs to be colocated.
Decent, definitely not perfect
I've used this app for years. Generally I like it, but it has a few quirks. For instance, when view the text of a story only and then touch the home link, the app takes you back to the same place you found the story so you can keep scrolling down from there. But, when you view a video, the home link takes you back to the top of the story collection so you then have to swipe all the back back to where you found the original story. Despite a few issues the cnn mobile app is far better than the desktop browser version. Since they changed this a few years a go, I can't stand to use it, it's so incredibly slow!
The app suffers from a tendency to lose the reader in stray commercials. The "From Around the Net" feature is sometimes interesting but is especially aggravating because it typically drops the story halfway through and you'll have to chance on it again if you want to try reading it again. Aside from being particularly weak in science, the reporting is NOT particularly hard hitting and tends to feature 'lite' nonsense, apparently for those who want 'feel-good' entertainment stuff that doesn't trouble. It is entirely too censored to be candid as news goes. It is, however, an immeasurably better way to get news than from the cutie-pie 'readers of news' (particularly the male one) with too little base in their voices and wearing too much make-up (both kinds). It reflects the plastic emotive stupidity of today's know-nothing society quite well however.