CNN App for iPad
By CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CNN connects you to the world, wherever you are.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Lead the conversation by sharing today’s news and dig deeper into the stories that matter most to you.
• Get breaking news alerts and follow top stories as they develop
• Watch live and on demand CNN TV events and shows with CNNgo. Instantly access any on-air story in the past day with links to all related digital articles, photos and more. (participating television provider sign-in required)
• Get in-depth coverage of international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories.
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? Email us at iPad@cnn.com with your suggestions on how we can create the best possible experience for you.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
- We have heard you and continue to track and address performance issues
- iOS 9 compatibility improvements
- Livestream available for CNN presidential debates
- All new design of CNNgo; improved live TV viewing experience and enhanced related content
- New “Shows” section for CNNgo with full library of CNN On Demand content at your fingertips
- CNNgo live TV preview now available
First place I go for news
Update: what did you all do to this app? Freezing and crashing multiple times inside of a few minutes. I'm getting tired of trying to read. And you DEFINITELY need to stop leaving the lesser stories up for days at a time. I would rather see nothing than scroll down only to see the same story I read two weeks ago.
I always look to CNN for information on what is happening first. I like the iPad app and read it every day. Sometimes old stories are up there a little too long, but generally the information is presented clearly and concisely without a bias. I appreciate objective reporting.
I have noticed occasionally that when I scroll through the home page, things flip around and update despite the fact that I've had the app open for several minutes. But that may be a WiFi problem and not the app.
Used to be better before most recent update
I use this app everyday, several times a day. I was happy to see the update. So wrong! At least I could move up and down on the home page to see the news stories, but now.... I can't move the page up and down smoothly, it jolts and moves itself after I stop touching the screen...very annoying. Almost migraine inducing.
Disappointed. Update....now the app just freezes, if I can get it up at all! Time to find a better news app.
New version 4.0.1 freezes on iPad Air
Update: I installed the new version and now I can't use the app because it constantly freezes. Please fix and I will fix my rating.
I use the CNN app everyday because it has a nice design which makes it easy to browse the major world news headlines.
The ads before the videos are pretty annoying, so I don't watch many of the videos, but most of the articles have accompanying text to read.
The one criticism I would have, which is not really related to the app specifically, is that the comments on CNN are among the worst on the Internet. It doesn't matter what the story is about; you can be sure racists, homophobes, and nutjobs will have commented on it.