CNN App for iPhone
By CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CNN connects you to the world, wherever you are.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Lead the conversation by sharing today’s news and dig deeper into the stories that matter most to you.
- Get CNN news at a glance on your Apple Watch across 12 personalized categories
- Get breaking news alerts and follow top stories as they develop
- Watch live CNN TV events and shows (as available; check with your cable or satellite provider)
- Get in-depth coverage of international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories.
- Share your stories, photos and videos with CNN by using the iReport section of the app
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? Email us at iPhone@cnn.com with your suggestions on how we can create the best possible experience for you.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
- We have heard you and continue to track and address performance issues
- iOS 9 compatibility improvements
- Livestream available for CNN presidential debates
- CNN latest stories complication - Get the latest stories on your Apple Watch face.
- Take advantage of time travel functionality to see past headlines directly from your watch face
Not great but covers the basics
The reporting isn't great (they seldom present topics thoroughly or objectively, they often pick a popular stance and cover it superficially), but they do cover a lot of ground (mile wide and an inch deep). A good go-to spot for headlines and basic info as long as you realize there's much more to each story. It's a pain but I suggest using multiple news sources to get a better, more balanced picture of a topic. Some of the glitches are annoying too (parts of sentences missing from articles, link references missing, poor transfer of website content to app in general).
App continues to decline in usefulness
1) Articles are now cutting of the bottom few lines of every single paragraph, so its not actually possible to read all of any article, just bits and pieces.
2) There are more click bait stories and less actual news now, and fewer new stories in general. I can go two days without checking, and the main feed will be 90% exactly the same, the individual topics 95% the same.
3) Old stories remain on the top of the page for days, marked as only a "few minutes old" yet still identical to the one from yesterday.
4) Now the ads are disguised to look like real articles to trick you into clicking them.
5) There is STILL NO SEARCH FEATURE. The only news you can get is what they decide to put on the list.
I wish there was a better option for news. I'm not desperate enough to turn to Fox yet, but the quality of this app had been on a decline for a while now so I question whether its worth keeping at all.
Train wreck. I have had this app for years but it keeps getting worse
The pseudo news articles have been elevated from the bottom of the page to the 4th most important item. They usually link to some add heavy page. Skip that now they link straight to a coupon, no article. Bait and switch strategy. You are soiling your good name. No one cares that on an iPhone 6, every article trails off the screen and I have to imagine the end of each article. It has been this way for months.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 07, 2015
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 42.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
- © 2015 CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.