CNN App for iPhone
By CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CNN connects you to the world, wherever you are.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Lead the conversation by sharing today’s news and dig deeper into the stories that matter most to you.
- Get CNN news at a glance on your Apple Watch across 12 personalized categories
- Get breaking news alerts and follow top stories as they develop
- Watch live CNN TV events and shows (as available; check with your cable or satellite provider)
- Get in-depth coverage of international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories.
- Share your stories, photos and videos with CNN by using the iReport section of the app
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? Email us at iPhone@cnn.com with your suggestions on how we can create the best possible experience for you.
What's New in Version 2.7.4
- Continued Apple Watch improvements
- Performance bug fixes
CNN is now available on Apple Watch. Get up-to-the-minute breaking news across 12 personalized categories - from Top Stories and Health to Entertainment and Politics. Tap to open a story; then choose to save it or continue reading on your phone. You can even launch live CNN TV on your phone, right from your watch.
The good thing is that just about any topic you want is available.
1. When I get a notification on my phone and see an article I want to read, I can never find it. When I tap in the notification(article), it should take me straight to that article. After all, it's what I want to read. Why else would I tap on that article out of the half dozen other notifications (articles) I got that day. Instead it just opens up the cnn app's home page, and then I have to spend 1-5 min looking for the article I tapped on.
2. Unless there is an option I haven't found(will look again later), why can I not select the type of articles I get notifications on? I really don't care who won some gold medal in Japan or that there is a blizzard in Germany or who won the World Series. If those article interest you, you should get notifications on sports or world weather or whatever... I however have no interest and feel that 90% of the notifications are what I consider junk mail articles.
If you read this far into my review. Congrats. Sorry I wasted 60 seconds of your life.
Keep up-to-date one out of country
The title pretty much says it all. While traveling this app keeps me plugged in to what's going on in the US and around the world. Highly recommended.
Terrible editing on their mobile app
The story ends by stating the 6 people who "contributed towards" the story. Which one of them checked it over for spelling mistakes? Terrible editing is quite telling of a news agency, if you can even call CNN a news agency any more.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 02, 2015
- Version: 2.7.4
- Size: 33.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
- © 2015 CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.