CNS Tap Test
By smudge.io PTY LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CNS Tap Test is an adaptation of the Finger Tap Test (FTT) or Finger Oscillation Test (FOT) which is used to measure the status of the central nervous system (CNS), and is one of the most commonly used tests in neuropsychology, because of its simplicity and reliability, and because it generates relevant data about fine motor control, which is based on motor speed as well as kinesthetic and visual-motor ability.
The application should be used on a regular basis to determine an athlete’s baseline. If the CNS Tap Test result is elevated it is suitable for a maximum effort or a heavy lifting day. If the CNS Tap Test result is lower than average it may indicate CNS fatigue and impending sickness, injury or over-training.
Both hands should be tested on a regular basis in a consistent environment, typically every morning on waking. The procedure for testing is:
- Rest hand palm down on the heel of the hand on a flat surface
- Tapping is done with the index (pointing finger), and all other fingers remain on the flat surface
- The timer starts with the first tap
- When the timer expires no further taps will be accepted
- The result can either be saved or discarded.
Multiple samples can be saved per day.
The resulting data can be graphed, emailed or managed from within CNS Tap Test.
What's New in Version 1.2.8
- Updated for iOS8/iPhone 6.
Works, but not worth buying.
This app works, however it does very little and it is unlikely you will ever use it for even an entire minute.
The app's function goes on for only about 10 seconds where you tap the screen. After that the test is over and no longer very useful.
You can look at graphs etc. but they hold no function whatsoever for the average or even unusual user.
I strongly recommend getting a different free version of this or such, honestly there are so many ways to test this without the app it makes it almost redundant. I've realized now I have spent more time writing this review than using the app.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 09, 2015
- Version: 1.2.8
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: smudge.io PTY LTD
- © 2015 smudge.io
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.