CoachTuner is a FREE chromatic instrument tuner that allows you to quickly tune your guitar, bass and ukulele using the built-in mic of your iPhone/iPad/iPod. CoachTuner can tune acoustic or electric guitar, bass, ukulele. It's easy to use for beginners and it's Free.
*** How to use CoachTuner ? ***
The open strings of a guitar from the thickest to thinest are as follows:
E – the thickest or lowest sounding string is known as the 6th string
A – is the 5th
D – is the 4th
G – is the 3rd
B – is the 2nd
E – the thinest or highest is the 1st
1) First, play your low E string (6th string), the arrow must be in the middle and the text "E" and "OK" must be displayed
2) Play your low A string (5th string), the arrow must be in the middle and the text "A" and "OK" must be displayed
3) Play your low D string (4th string), the arrow must be in the middle and the text "D" and "OK" must be displayed
4) Play your low G string (3th string), the arrow must be in the middle and the text "G" and "OK" must be displayed
5) Play your low B string (2th string), the arrow must be in the middle and the text "B" and "OK" must be displayed
6) Play your high E string (1th string), the arrow must be in the middle and the text "E" and "OK" must be displayed
The mechanics of tuning a guitar are simple. To adjust the pitch of a string, turn the string’s corresponding tuning key on the head of the guitar.
- Guitar, bass and Ukulele Tuner easy for Beginners and accurate for Pros
- You can unlock tunings (Open, Drop, Modal, etc..)
- Chord Library : fully visual chord library with more than 1500 chords
Follow the instructions on the App to up or down the tension of strings.
Coach Tuner :
*** Developed by Manomaya SA ***
Developer of the first visual method to learn guitar hits with colors CoachGuitar : https//coachguitar.com
- Demo of Coach Guitar Lessons here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3UA3E4YGXA
CoachGuitar App reached Top #1 music app in 11 countries
COACHTUNER PREMIUM ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION
You can subscribe for premium access with the Premium subscription. Once a premium member you get 80 open tunings, the best chords library and best guitar, bass and ukulele tuning service.
- The subscriptions are $7.99 weekly, or $39.99 yearly
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Store Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- CoachTuner Premium Pass is an option and the app can be used for free without it
Terms : https://coachguitar.com/tuner/terms/
Ratings and Reviews
I highly recommend this! It's quality is excellent, it's easy, and just downright fun! I'm in a family of people that plays guitar and they're always complaining about how hard it is to tune a guitar, but this app gets the job done in mere minutes! Today one of my strings was miraculously loose, so much so that it didn't even make sound but with all I've learned from this and the tuning system I could fix it in under 10 minutes! THAT is amazing!
Now I'm a COMPLETE noob to guitar, barely ever picked one up let alone play it but this app makes me feel like a pure pro! If you need a tuner, teacher, guitar buddy, someone to help you from tuning to playing songs, this app is 11/10 by me!
Initially it was not my favorite tuner because it's not "pretty" and the needle moves slower than I like and sometimes it doesn't know which string you are attempting to tune when switching from alternate tunings.
However, it has become my go to tuner when using anything other than standard tuning! It has a library of alternate tunings that is large and impressive! One of my instructors give me a alternate tuning assignment every week - Tony Polecastro - and this app is always right on with its organization and # of alternate tunings!
No other tuner I have found is as efficient when it comes to alternate tunings.
Suggestion to developers: include the ability to change the reference scale. I like to tune to 432mhz as well (vs. 440mhz).
Hey! If you need to tune your guitar this is the app!! But it has a few tiny details that I feel like are my fault but just wanted to tell you guys—
So it was going great!! It works fine until I got to d, a and e, it couldn’t read the sound and picked a totally different letter! Like I played the d note and it kept saying it was a E which could be my fault for not tuning it correctly but I just wanted to point that out to see if it could be fixed.
But except from that it’s awesome! (Expect for having to pay for it, which I didn’t lol)
Bye, and thanks for reading!
- 76 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Manomaya Guitar Tuner
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Access $7.49
- 80 Tunings $1.99
- One year full access $38.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.