By House Full of Games
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Keep track of your players' time on the field with Coach's Clock.
Designed with input from a youth soccer coach who manages multiple teams each season, Coach's Clock is a very simple application that runs on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. It keeps track of all of the players on your team, where they are supposed to be on the field, and how long they've been playing since they were last substituted into the game.
Just enter in your team name and your player roster. Drag your players on and off the field and tap the clock to start it running. Players on the field accrue elapsed time. Players off the field do not. It's that simple.
What Coach's Clock does:
* It tracks how much time has elapsed in the current play period.
* It tracks the position of every player on your team.
* It keeps track of how long each player has been on the field.
* It helps you plan player substitutions.
* It has field backgrounds for basketball, field hockey, football, hockey and soccer but it could also be used for any similar sport.
* It supports an unlimited number of teams.
* It has detailed usage instructions right inside the app.
* It's a "universal app" so one purchase is good for all your iDevices!
What it doesn't do:
* Coach's Clock doesn't force you to keep the app running throughout your game. You are free to close it, open other apps, take phone calls, or whatever you like. You only need to run it when you want to refer to it or when you need to make a change. The clocks keep time even when the app isn't running.
* Coach's Clock is not a replacement for your whiteboard or playbook. (There are plenty of other fine apps which can do that for you.)
Coach's Clock may seem like a pretty simple app, and it is! But that's the beauty of it. It doesn't try to do everything for you; instead it tries to do a few essential things very well. It doesn't try to change the way you coach your team; it just makes your job a little easier.
What's New in Version 1.3.2
Bug fixes and compatibility with iOS 10.
simple, no frills way to manage lineups on the fly
I'll compare contrast to:
"coach wizard" and "soccer dad", big difference is that "coaches clock" lets you prep a line up on the fly then do a bulk substitution... which is ideal when you're subbing 5 kids at once. "coach wizard" and "soccer dad", while more feature rich, requires subs to be done one by one which is annoying while the game is going.
I wish it did season tabulations, and tracked other stats (like assists, goals, saves, def stops, etc,.... the other apps do that), but for me, I'll take the all-at-once substitutions over stats tracking.
Simple w/ no extras
Simple app for players and subs with time. Easy to swap players from sub to active but doesn't track position changes w/ subs . also has a log of all changes during game but not a clean report of total time in/out or any other bells or whistles. Only the basics and very simple
Great for 2 things
Works well for tracking time played and remembering the assigned positions which can be tough with younger players. Adding the ability to track goals would be a nice simple addition so a coach could see who scored and when.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Sep 30, 2016
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steve Blanding
- © 2011 Steve Blanding
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.