By Cobra Electronics Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iRadar Takes Detection to the Cloud!
Cobra iRadar is the world’s first and largest community-based radar/laser/camera detection system. Now you can share and receive alerts in real time from other iRadar users! With access to live radar/laser detection, user reports, automatic alert reporting, and Cobra’s AURA speed and red light camera database, iRadar users are the smartest and most aware drivers on the road. Download Cobra iRadar to see how social networking revolutionizes detection.
Cobra iRadar App:
• Shows visual alerts from the Cobra iRadar detector on the iPhone *
• Allows you to submit and receive locations of Live Police, Red Light Cameras, Speed Cameras, and Caution Areas from other members of the iRadar community
• Displays live radar and laser alert information from all iRadar users
• Warns of upcoming speed cameras, red light cameras, known speed traps, and dangerous intersections with AURA, the industry’s premier 100% verified camera database.
Cobra iRadar Detector unit:
• Detects all radar & laser guns used by Law Enforcement
• Provides full 360-degree protection
• Reduces false alerts with City/Highway Mode
Award Winning App
• Mac | Life's Most Innovative Product, CES 2011
• 2011 IDSA International Design Excellence Award
• 2011 CES Innovations Award Winner
• 2011 Chicago Innovation Award Finalist
• 2010 SEMA Best New Product in Mobile Electronics Runner-Up
• 2010 SEMA Global Media Award Winner
"Saved me from no fewer than five different tickets already. It is fantastic." -Clayton Morris, Fox News Channel
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Detector unit. To purchase a Cobra iRadar detector unit go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
Previous update release notes:
The next big leap for iRadar is here. We celebrating iRadar’s 4th birthday by completely redoing the map and adding great new features.
1. Follow-Me-Mode -- A new rotating map and automatic zoom based on vehicle speed allows iRadar to show more of the road ahead of you. This greatly improves your driving experience by allowing you to see alert locations well before you get to them.
2. Simple Navigation -- Enter an address and iRadar will plot the best route to your destination on the map. This is a great supplement to, or even replacement for, running a separate navigation app.
3. Live Traffic Information -- Real-time traffic information is now shown directly on the map so that you can avoid congested areas and hit the open road.
4. Map Controls -- Now you can zoom, pan, tilt, and rotate the map to your heart’s content.
5. Macro View -- Alert icons are now shown on the map even when you zoom far out. This allows you to see where iRadar alerts are concentrated or spot isolated alert locations on long stretches of road.
SAFETY REQUEST. Update Works
Now that maps has limited navigation there should be no excuses why iRadar CAN'T automatically switch the CITY to HIGHWAY setting. iRadar CAN'T automatically change the City setting and Highway setting based on the Geographic location of the car. A simple request yet the software does not offer an automated solution based on the cars current geographic location. Why? It would be kinda cool to here the iRadar say "Highway" or "City" as you enter the exit ramp or entrance ramp off I290, I57 or I294. Hay Cobra I am getting local with you. Let's get it together Cobra. Automatic switching from City Driving or Highway Driving setting would be safer. A simple safety feature request. The iPhone knows the current geographic location. Change the City and Highway setting AUTOMATICALLY FOR THE DRIVER! What gives?
There needs to be a "Home Location" meaning each time I open or close my House Garage Door iRadar alerts me. Why? The app is aware of my GPS coordinates so why can't I tell iRadar to automatically MUTE when I OPEN or CLOSE my own garage each time? Simple stuff that would help a lot.
Need ability to use with a real navigation app like Garmin
The Cobra app is really not all that helpful. The maps are not that great and don't really even show you where you are at. There is no way to bookmark an address that you want to save. There is no night mode. The maps apparently get downloaded as you get to the location and it does not really show you where you are at while using it. Also, the find my car feature is not helpful at all.
My advice would be to pair up with Garmin and use their map features along with your social feature for live police etc... That would really make the concept better and make the process so much more useful.
Great Driving App
It’s nice to have a companion app for a radar detector that can tell you what’s going on.
However… It really needs a “NITE” setting. At night, my screen lights up like a flashlight. I have other ‘road’ apps that have this type of setting, and it helps, mostly at night. If it had that setting, I’d give it 5 Stars!
Other than that, it is really informational!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 22, 2013
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: Cobra Electronics Corporation
- © 2010 Cobra Electronics Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Monthly$4.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Annually$49.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Quarterly$13.99
- AURA Live Quarterly$7.99
- AURA Live Monthly$2.99