By Cobra Electronics Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iRadar Takes Detection to the Cloud!
Cobra iRadar is the world’s first and largest community-based radar/laser/camera detection system. iRadar allows you to share and receive alerts in real time from other iRadar users! With access to live radar/laser detection, user reports, automatic alert reporting, and Cobra’s AURA speed and red light camera database, iRadar users are the smartest and most aware drivers on the road. Download Cobra iRadar to see how social networking revolutionizes detection.
Cobra iRadar App:
• Shows visual alerts from the Cobra iRadar detector on the iPhone *
• Allows you to submit and receive locations of Live Police, Red Light Cameras, Speed Cameras, and Caution Areas from other members of the iRadar community
• Displays live radar and laser alert information from all iRadar users
• Warns of upcoming speed cameras, red light cameras, known speed traps, and dangerous intersections with AURA, the industry’s premier 100% verified camera database.
Cobra iRadar Detector unit:
• Detects all radar & laser guns used by Law Enforcement
• Provides full 360-degree protection
• Reduces false alerts with City/Highway Mode
Award Winning App
• 2014 CES Innovations Award Winner - SPX 7800BT
• 2013 CTIA Emerging Technology Awards - Finalist
• 2013 CES Innovations Award Winner - S120R
• 2012 CES Innovations Award Winner - iRadar Community
• Mac | Life's Most Innovative Product, CES 2011
• 2011 CES Innovations Award Winner - iRAD 100
• 2010 SEMA Best New Product in Mobile Electronics Runner-Up
"Saved me from no fewer than five different tickets already. It is fantastic." -Clayton Morris, Fox News Channel
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Detector unit. To purchase a Cobra iRadar detector unit go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.2
Some big news! The Cobra team is happy to introduce you to our most advanced detection system yet. Complete product details for this new digital detector can be found at: http://www.cobra.com/dsp9200bt
The Cobra DSP 9200 BT, Cobra's most advanced detection system to date, is the company's first digital detector, which substantially improves the detection range and performance over former models and embeds new and advanced technology for precise notifications through use of digital signal processing (DSP) to identify real alerts from unwanted noise for greater alert reliability. The new digital detector is available for pre-order with select retail partners now!
This version of the App supports this new detector and all of its great new features. This version of the App also contains bug fixes and general improvements for all iRadar® users.
This could be a great app, if it worked.
I have been using this app for very long time. It has always had its problems: for instance, the car voltage would sometimes not update and if I switch between apps the traffic viewer would shut itself off. However, it has generally served me well.
With this new update though now the program just doesn't work at all. On my iPhone 4S running iOS 6.X I just get the cobra splash screen and then the app quits. It still shows itself running in the background but eventually It even disappears from the app switcher. Uninstalling And reinstalling the app has not helped at all. I have tried opening the app with the Bluetooth radar detector already connected and I have tried connecting the Bluetooth radar detector after the app is open. Nothing is helping to get me anything other than the splash screen. The app support button only brings you to the cobra web page and they don't even offer a contact page let alone a support page.
Please fix this as soon as possible so that we can upgrade our reviews.
Detector is good, app is not
Detector works well. Occasional gives a "train approaching" alert when I am no where near a train or train tracks. Doesn't learn common false signal locations well. But overall, it gives me a heads up on police radar sooner than I would know. The app annihilates my battery. 60-65% of my battery goes to this app. It's like having your GPS on while driving (not terrible for what it can do) PLUS 30-40 min after you get out of your car... Each time. Would be nice if you could verify the alarm verbally. Most states do not allow driver to operate cell phones (for good reason).
This could be a great app but it's not working right now. The map is constantly blurt, doesn't load or display maps correctly. It'd be nice to be able to set my default view to dashboard instead of map. Want to be able to set my location services for this app to only when open because its destroying my battery life even when closed out of the app. Also it EATS DATA like nobody's business when you have it set to auto report. I get a text from ATT saying I'm about to hit my data cap in one week of driving around with it on. Tested it through a cellular/wifi hotspot and it used 2.3gigs of data over a 700mi trip!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 05, 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 30.9 MB
- Languages: English, German, Russian
- Seller: Cobra Electronics Corporation
- © 2010 Cobra Electronics Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Monthly$4.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Quarterly$13.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Annually$49.99
- AURA Live Annually$29.99
- AURA Live Monthly$2.99
- AURA Live Quarterly$7.99