By Cobra Electronics Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iRadar Takes Detection to the Cloud!
Cobra iRadar is the world’s first and largest community-based radar/laser/camera detection system. iRadar allows you to share and receive alerts in real time from other iRadar users! With access to live radar/laser detection, user reports, automatic alert reporting, and Cobra’s AURA speed and red light camera database, iRadar users are the smartest and most aware drivers on the road. Download Cobra iRadar to see how social networking revolutionizes detection.
Cobra iRadar App:
• Shows visual alerts from the Cobra iRadar detector on the iPhone *
• Allows you to submit and receive locations of Live Police, Red Light Cameras, Speed Cameras, and Caution Areas from other members of the iRadar community
• Displays live radar and laser alert information from all iRadar users
• Warns of upcoming speed cameras, red light cameras, known speed traps, and dangerous intersections with AURA, the industry’s premier 100% verified camera database.
Cobra iRadar Detector unit:
• Detects all radar & laser guns used by Law Enforcement
• Provides full 360-degree protection
• Reduces false alerts with City/Highway Mode
Award Winning App
• 2014 CES Innovations Award Winner - SPX 7800BT
• 2013 CTIA Emerging Technology Awards - Finalist
• 2013 CES Innovations Award Winner - S120R
• 2012 CES Innovations Award Winner - iRadar Community
• Mac | Life's Most Innovative Product, CES 2011
• 2011 CES Innovations Award Winner - iRAD 100
• 2010 SEMA Best New Product in Mobile Electronics Runner-Up
"Saved me from no fewer than five different tickets already. It is fantastic." -Clayton Morris, Fox News Channel
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Detector unit. To purchase a Cobra iRadar detector unit go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.5
Now compatible with the new Cobra 29 LX MAX CB Radios sold in North America! The 29 LX MAX is the first CB Radio to integrate with the Cobra iRadar® Community. Drivers using the 29 LX MAX will now be allowed to receive and report red light camera, speed camera, speed trap and caution area notifications. The 4-color LCD screen on the 29 LX MAX is color coded to show the threat level as you drive and the dedicated report button on the mic allows drivers to share alerts with other iRadar users.
GPS Info unreliable
If you're using this app in conjunction with Cobra's BT enabled dashcam, don't expect accurate results. In fact, don't expect any reliable results at all. I received this unit as a xmas gift, the camera is decent but after dozens of attempts to get my GPS/speed information to sync with the video, it fails every time. The turn-by-turn directions feature in the app is poor as well, just use google maps or something else. I also hate that the app wants GPS enabled all the time (even when I'm not using the app) instead of having the option to use GPS only while using the app.
Maybe the focus is all on their radar detectors (I don't own one)?? Hopefully more development will be put in to it. I'll adjust my rating then.
Stops connecting to cobra after 3-4 uses. Even after reinstalling app and resetting cobra...same issue.
In Hawaii? USELESS app!
That's right. In Hawaii, app reports absolutely NO speed traps.
Just a map.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 11, 2017
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 39.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cobra Electronics Corporation
- © 2010 Cobra Electronics Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Monthly$4.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Quarterly$13.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Annually$49.99
- AURA Live Annually$29.99
- AURA Live Monthly$2.99
- AURA Live Quarterly$7.99