Cockatoo for iTunes Lite
By Nikolai Nagornyi
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iTunes is a player by default on Mac and many prefer to use it for listening music.
If you one of those who uses iTunes to listen to music, you can be interested in simpler way of management in it, doing thus other things on your Mac.
Yes, you can control iTunes from its interface and also from the Dock (right-click the iTunes icon), but this way is not suitable for all users.
The problem is solved! Cockatoo quietly waits for you behind the left or right border of the screen, without occupying extra-space. You need to move only a mouse to edge and all your music before you.
• Always visible on top of other windows, allowing you to control iTunes with a single mouse-click.
• Automatic start iTunes when you start Cockatoo.
• Display information about the currently playing track.
• Navigating the track and volume control.
• Next / previous track .
• Select the playlist or track.
• Updated interface when changing desktop wallpaper.
In paid version:
- Ability of choose the location Cockatoo (right or left).
- Ability of change of width of the main window;
- Ability of change of a font size;
- Ability of hiding the cover of the track;
- Ability of changing the rating;
If you have any suggestions for improvement of Cockatoo or to addition of new functions, you can leave your wishes in comments.
If you have questions on Cockatoo use, don't hesitate, address in a support service. We have no opportunity to answer you in comments.
It’s so nice to be able to change songs without having to switch to iTunes. Great visually attractive interface and I appreciate the menu bar widget. However, please fix the typo in the menu bar widget from “previouse” to “previous.”
Definitely recommend this app! I looked at a lot of other free iTunes widgets and this is my favorite as of now.
Crashes for me, but very cool concept
I think since I have 2 monitors, it’s getting very confused about which “edge” to use (it tries the left edge of my right monitor, and then the right edge of the left monitor). It doesn’t stay open long enough to try the preferences. I’ll work on it, and I think this will be useful, but quirky for now.
- Category: Music
- Released: Apr 10, 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nikolai Nagornyi
- © 2014 Nikolay Nagorny
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor