Code Blast is an educational app designed to give younger children an introduction to programming concepts and problem solving.
Their mission is simple! Program the rocket by dragging and dropping instructions to blast them to the finish and complete the course whilst avoiding the UFOs and electric barriers!
Children will gain early experience of the following programming concepts and skills in a fun and engaging way:
- The need for precise and accurate programming.
- The importance of correctly ordered sequential instructions.
- Forward planning to solve a given problem.
- Testing their program.
- Removing any ‘bugs’ to make their program work as expected.
Code Blast contains the following features:
- 36 missions, gradually increasing in difficulty with extra obstacles and challenges!
- 2 modes - ‘Level Mode’ - Missions are gradually unlocked to ensure a secure understanding.
- ‘Custom Mode’ - Practise any mission at any time.
- Save multiple games - Perfect for home and school!
- Stars awarded for completing missions without ‘bugs’ to motivate children to persevere and revisit.
- Certificates awarded upon completing levels which can be saved to the camera roll for printing or emailing!
- Animated demos.
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The future is now!
As a teacher, I know that my students are going to be able to get more out of their futures if they have certain skills. Coding is one of them. As a technological immigrant (being born before such things as PCs and video games) I have to work so much harder for everything I want to learn in technology. My own children excel far greater than I, but games like this have helped me progress. How much better for those born into technology to be able to master these skills. Definitely worth it!
The game doesn't have any tutorial or any tip at all about what should be done and how. I had to spend a couple of minutes trying to click everything in order to figure out what to do in a game, and to explain it to a kid. After I, finally, had this figured out, the game is ok, but it sure lacks a start-up guide.
Get kids coding!
Love this app. The animated tutorials are brilliant, my 5 year old managed to figure it out on his own.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.