By Vadim Shpakovski
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
CodeBox is a feature-rich code snippet manager for developers and designers with an intuitive user interface. Save your time and efforts by utilizing CodeBox to collect and reuse snippets of code. With CodeBar enabled, you have a full-featured searchable snippet library right in the menu bar!
• Import snippets from Finder, from Clipboard and from the other snippet managers
• Keep many pieces of the same receipt in one snippet i.e. “index.html”, “script.js” and “styles.css”
• Manage your snippet libraries using Tags, Folders, Groups, Smart Groups and Assets
• CodeBar helper app resided in the menu bar allows you to explore and use snippet library documents
• Define variable __placeholders__ to edit them before using
• CodeBar allows you to Edit, Copy or Paste snippets into an active application right from the menu bar
• Enable text expander by defining a snippet abbreviation@ and then unwrap it in any app
• CodeBox can sync between macs via Dropbox, FTP or any other mountable volume
• Share your snippets and assets to the most popular social coding services Gist and Snipplr
• Drag and drop a custom .tmTheme into the code editor to change highlighting colors
• Find out more on the CodeBox official website…
What's New in Version 1.6
• Minimalist view with a plain text in the table of snippets
• Improved tooltips for the CodeBar menu items
• Remembering the last used external editor for each file type
• Fixed text expander in some apps
• Other improvements and bug fixes
Great app, but extremely buggy
I really like this app, but it has a number of bugs that interrupt workflow and make it frustrating to use at times. In the latest version, snippets are expanded without me hitting 'tab', so I keep getting unwanted expansions as I type. Also, I can't just click on tabs without highlighting all of them. You have to click right on the edge of the tab to select. I'm also unable to search all my snippets in the snippet column, if the tag list is showing in the far left column. I have to first change to the folder view, select all snippets again and then conduct a search. Finally, everytime I launch the app, it forgets my menubar setting. Every time I have to open prefernces to turn it back on.
Lots of potential in this app, but some of the bugs have got to be worked out.
I can see this being a very useful tool
But badly needs a help file of some sort. Even the screenshots indicate some type of variables built in. But no info on how to use them or are there any other ones?
Also, being able to show line numbers would be great.
Very impressed with the support
I just bought this and noticed that my c# snippet didn't have any syntax highlighting. I emailed support and got a response within minutes.
Turns out there is support for all kinds of languages. I should have checked the preferences before emailing.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Apr 07, 2012
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vadim Shpakovski
- Copyright © 2011, 2012 Shpakovski
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor