Codecademy Go helps you review and practice what you learn on the web, anywhere, anytime. Learn to code the easy way.
“Taking a few minutes a day to reinforce the underlying concepts has been an easy way to remember them, even on days when I’m not coding.” — Chance N., Codecademy Go Learner
“Comparing it to all of the other coding apps I have tried this one is best at bringing together learning, practicing, and practicality via articles into one place.” — Sean M., Codecademy Go Learner
• Discover a new way to practice coding syntax.
• Remember more with daily flashcards that you can quickly skim.
• Review whenever, wherever. Leave the desktop.
• Learn how to apply your skills in your day-to-day with advice from industry leaders.
• Maintain streaks and track your progress.
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
• Web Development
• Data Science
• Computer Science
• HTML & CSS
• And more to come...
We're back with an end of summer update!
- Added Search! Now search for concepts and review them on the go.
- Users in their Pro Trial can now access Pro features, including unlimited practice and content.
- New users can now sign up for a new Codecademy account.
- We fixed an issue where if you completed your practice today without an internet connection, you were told you didn’t complete your practice. We save your practice now, so let your streak live on regardless of the presence of a connection.
- After a certain amount of time, some learners' profile photos would stop loading. Now they should load consistently.
- Some users were getting stuck on the loading screen with our logo for a long time. Now we will let you into the app after a short time.
Ratings and Reviews
So far I really am enjoying the app. I love that it has a flash card review and practice since that’s always been the quickest way I’ve learned. FOR THE LIFE OF ME, HOWEVER, I can’t seem to wrap my head around why the Pro upgrade is upwards of $16 a month ($100-$200 a year)... I’m really working to increase my knowledge and skill set so I’m currently learning from various different platforms, all of which, might I add, average their Pro/Premium upgrades to be approximately $20 A YEAR! I’m not sure how many people are actually paying for the Pro upgrade here...perhaps it’s individuals already in the Tech field just looking to refresh their brains but there’s no way I will ever pay that. ...Unless there’s some brain zapping, immediate transfer of knowledge to your cells function I’m missing you guys REALLY need to go back to the drawing board!
The idea of being able to practice when I am not near the computer. I downloaded Datacamp even just bc they had a free app n Codecademy hadn’t released this yet n I will say it is much better than Datacamp. Only problem I have so far is that the practice doesn’t load all the time. I tried yesterday and it didn’t load and trying today also seems to not want to load. Im connected to wifi as well, even restarted my phone so I’ve only practiced once but that one time was good...
Am I Missing Something Here?
When I signed up for a pro membership, it was because the summary stated that there would be extensive review, flashcards, and extra lessons. This app seems to have none of that. As best I can tell, it has a daily exercise that’s loosely tied to your level of experience, and that’s it. But the lesson doesn’t seem to track where you are in the main course. It seems to have marked me as a “beginner,” and so is giving me beginner-level lessons, but it’s largely “reviewing” concepts that I haven’t learned yet. Maybe there’s extra functionality that I’ve somehow missed?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.