By Stephen Oliver
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Codepoints makes it easy to find and copy any assigned Unicode character, like Emoji characters, special symbols, arrows and shapes into your clipboard with minimal hassle.
Developers can also use Codepoints to copy invisible or control characters into the clipboard, like null, carriage return, escape, backspace, bell and so on.
• Search 29,215 records by code point or description
• Search narrows with each new term
• Emoji support with colored glyphs
• Unicode 8 support
• Preview automatically rendered with best available font
• Manual override provided for 3rd party fonts
• Keyboard friendly design
Codepoints is designed to stay out of your way until you need it, and be available instantly without forcing you to click through multiple windows or popups to get what you want.
If you know exactly what you want, just start typing to search for it!
Alternatively you can scroll the list to look around using your mouse or keyboard up/down keys.
To copy a character to your clipboard, just double click or select it and hit enter.
What's New in Version 1.0.7
- Emergency bug fix for crash related to Oriya character rendering
Changes included from 1.0.6:
- Add support for Yosemite dark mode
- Update to Unicode 8.0 database (NOTE: not all new Emojis in Unicode 8.0 have matching font glyphs available!)
- Fix bug that caused the app to stay on screen when clicking other menu bar items
- Fix bug that could potentially cause a crash while searching
- Significantly reduce memory usage