codeSpark Academy with The Foos
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4-9! Our award-winning app has introduced over 20 million kids in 201 countries to the ABCs of computer science.
codeSpark Academy uses a patent pending "no words" interface to teach the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in the Game Maker.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* New content every month.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles. Cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment." - Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Association of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching and Learning
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our Game Maker allows kids to put programming concepts to work by designing and coding video games. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Download and try for free. Trial offers the full codeSpark Academy experience for a limited time. Subscription is $7.99/month.
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
What's New in Version 2.11.01
Here's what's new in Fooville:
- Bug fixes and optimizations
If you encounter any problems, please email email@example.com. If you’re enjoying the new updates, please leave us a review.
My girls love this app!
It's so cool they are having fun AND learning something useful...
I love this game it's so fun and funny somehow I just LOVE THIS
A wonderful app! An excellent game to spur learning!
This game is excellent and my nieces are crazy about it! The Game Maker allows them to create their own games using all the concepts they learned from the story/puzzle levels such as if/then, sequencing, and loops. The new addition to the app, Pet Pals, allows them to program the Foos to take care of pets that need to be fed and cared for. The idea here is that coding can be automated especially when they are looped. Some programs (represented by Foos) can clean up after the pets, while some can feed and play with the pets. They are tons of fun that keeps kids engaged in creative ways. The Game Maker is still my favorite part, though. This is similar to Mario Maker, except that you get to program each block of the game you create. You can code a block to jump on its own or react to another character that is touching it. The creativity one can have is limitless and kids can share their levels with others. I have to say I've seen some ingenious levels created by these kids! I myself find the Game Maker a ton of fun to use and have created some challenging levels myself. Great app!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 11, 2017
- Version: 2.11.01
- Size: 158 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: codeSpark, Inc
- © 2017 codeSpark, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$7.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$3.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$39.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$59.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$7.99
- Subscribe to codeSpark Academy$29.99
- Subscribe to codeSpark Academy$79.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$89.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$119.99