codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4-9! Our award-winning app has introduced over 20 million kids in 201 countries to the ABCs of computer science.
codeSpark Academy uses a patent pending "no words" interface to teach the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in the Game Maker.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Subscription app with new content every month.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles. Cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment." - Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Assoc of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our Game Maker allows kids to put programming concepts to work by designing and coding video games. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Download and try free for 7 days. Trial offers the full codeSpark Academy experience for a limited time. Subscription is $7.99/month
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account once free trial period is over
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
Fix for Clever student login.
Halloween has come to Fooville and you can find all the tricks and treats - including new Witches and Ghosts! - in the Store for a limited time. Snag your ghoulish goodies before they disappear on November 15th!
Don’t forget Story Maker, our latest feature inside codeSpark Academy. It’s perfect for telling spooky stories and tall tales this Halloween season!
This update also includes our latest round of fixes and optimizations for better gameplay - so let’s get coding!
Ratings and Reviews
Learn to code in a fun and enjoyable environment.
Let kids rome freeeee
I think you should let kids roam free in this game they should be able to get in to the game without having to sign up to get in they shouldn’t need a parent to help them get started my kids are Bothering me and I don’t like that they are bothering me because I have six kids so I think you should just have them be able to have profiles themselves without having to sign in. I think you should just let them play and have passwords and usernames without having to put emails in and stuff like that thank you
Unintuitive contra productive interface
After paying and signing in, first page doesn’t lead to anywhere. It has two active buttons, parent and teacher. After repetitive unavoidable filling out of my birthdate in both categories, teacher page leads nowhere, parent page leads to another page which doesn’t recognize that I am signed in, nor asks for it. Only one time showed up a page through same selection process with downloads, which was the only way to play one lesson and that was it. To get back to that page is through a labyrinth of repetitive actions, but still never showed up again.
That alone is quenching user experience, and I will unsubscribe this application. I am not happy somebody published this application which feels like it’s early beta version (not to be published developmental stage). Hard to believe MIT was involved with this unless interfacing is very underestimated, outsourced and weakness of a brilliant mind which I was hoping can teach my child what I cannot.
Hi there! We're so sorry you're running into this technical error. A green Play button should be popping up on the first screen between The Glitch and Naomi Ninja. Please contact us at Support@codeSpark.org so we can troubleshoot and assist you in logging in. Thank you!
- codeSpark, Inc
- 186.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 codeSpark, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment $7.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment $3.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.