- A new crossword experience
- Challenge yourself with countless puzzles
- Relax while exploring thematic worlds
- Have fun while you learn
Join CodyCross, a friendly alien that has crash-landed on Earth and counts on your help to learn about our planet! Travel across space and time as you unveil our planet's history and humanity’s accomplishments through themed puzzles.
Explore beautiful sceneries, use your knowledge and skills in a one-of-a-kind word game, where every correct answer takes you closer to completing the puzzle and revealing the secret word!
- Explore beautifully designed worlds with hundreds of levels to play
- Each world brings new themes and genres that will challenge the wisest of puzzle lovers
- Innovative gameplay that brings a new twist to crossword puzzles
- If you get stuck on a question, use the power-up to reveal a letter
- Sync your progress across all devices by connecting to Facebook
- Play levels offline if you don’t have internet connection (with limited features)
- You can subscribe to play unlimited puzzles in different levels of difficulties (easy, medium, hard and kids)
- The subscriptions are from $3.99 weekly, $9.99 monthly and $64.99/annually*
- All prices are subject to change without notification. We occasionally run promotional prices as incentives or limited time opportunities for qualifying purchases made during the promotional time period. Due to the time sensitive and promotional nature of these events, we are unable to offer price protection or retroactive discounts or refunds for previous purchases in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering
- You'll be able to play unlimited puzzles for the duration of your subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
– Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a CodyCross subscription
*Prices may vary according to your iTunes account country
• Improvements and bug fixes.
Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions!
Ratings and Reviews
Fun, but needs improvement
I have really enjoyed this game so far, but the main reason I write this is so I can give some criticism.
First, I feel the difficulty goes all over the place. Going from six- to nine-letter clues is way harder than it sounds. If the first part of the game had only six or seven letters, and the eight or nine letter puzzles were saved for later, the game would be much more approachable. Also, some of the clues are just far too much out there. I feel like literally nobody would know some of these obscure clues without Googling the answer.
The most frustrating thing though is the fact that the clues don’t tell you how many words are in each answer. Normal crossword puzzles tell you if the answer has more than one word, so why not this game? There are so many clues where I’ve been stumped since the puzzles make it look like it’s always one word, but many times it’s two or even three. If I had known that, I could have gotten the answer easily.
If the devs see this, please fix these issues. It would make the game better for anyone.
Fun, but could be better
I like word puzzles in general, and I really like this game overall. The clues are generally a nice mix of obvious, and “I need to think about that some.”
Where I think this could really set itself apart, and where it really disappoints me, is after solving these puzzles and revealing an interesting word like “tetraodontic” or a term I wasn’t familiar with (Helladic period), I feel like I’m left hanging. There is no explanation of what the word or term is, or any hyperlinks to wiki entries to expand on the word/concept. Sure, I can look them up myself, but then I’m less likely to return to the game.
Some of the concepts that are brought out in the game (globalization, coastal erosion, sustainability) are particularly relevant for our times. Not making it easier to learn more seems to be a missed opportunity.
Some clues too generic
I understand that it might be difficult to find unique words that fit the puzzles and you’ll have to look some up here and there. Usually you’ll get enough letters to be able to make a guess, but lately I’ve had entire puzzles where I’ve never heard of the clues or answers or random peoples names. I’m on level 245 now and finding myself having to search more answers than I’m able to figure out. Some player on a minor league sports team in a third world country or a Czech protestors name etc. There’s maybe a handful of people in the world that could have a random guess at some of these. I would also guess that English isn’t the first language of the developers. Some of the singular/plural, future/past tense etc is off. So unless you know what oudekerk and greatauk and other words your spell checker won’t recognize you’ll end up frustrated.
Developer Response ,
We are always really worried about the game's quality and your feedback greatly helps us. Whenever you see content that you think is not fitting with the game, please access the options menu while playing and use the option "Report Word" to report it to us so we can make the game even better!
Have a wonderful day!
- Fanatee, Inc.
- 381.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Fanatee
- In-App Purchases
- CodyCross Premium $3.99
- Handful of tokens $1.99
- Pocketful of tokens $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.