Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Since 2004, Coinflation.com has grown into one of the most visited websites on coins and precious metals, averaging well over 500,000 unique visitors a month. Its melt value calculators have become the standard in the coin collecting and precious metals community for quickly determining the melt value for coins.
This app incorporates the most popular features of Coinflation.com and features the live 24-hour gold and silver price (updated every minute). The four calculators bundled into one app include U.S. silver coins, base metal coins, gold scrap, and silver scrap.
Unique features include:
- Automatic gold and silver price updates every minute, no need to "re-enter" the price from an external source. This live metals price update is the same feed used by over 650 coin dealers who conduct business on Certified Coin Exchange, the leading coin/bullion dealer exchange network on the web. www.certifiedcoinexchange.com.
- Beautiful coin images provided by PCGScoinfacts.com.
- Gold Scrap calculator modeled after the most popular gold calculator on the web, GoldCalc.com. Units include grams, milligrams, pennyweight, grains, and troy ounces.
- The new Silver Scrap calculator has three silver types, .999, .925 Sterling, and .900 silver. This allows the user to weigh a bag of circulated silver coins and determine the actual melt value. In addition, we've included non-traditional weights such as troy pounds, avoirdupois ounces, and avoirdupois pounds to help with eBay listings that may try to intentionally confuse buyers.
For more information on this app and to learn the current melt value of your coins, please visit coinflation.com.
What's New in Version 1.3
* This update requires iOS6 or greater, and is limited to cosmetic changes only. If you are running an iOS version below iOS6, you can continue using Coinflation 1.2.1
- Implemented iOS7 changes
- Hi-res images added for both U.S. Silver and Base Metal coins
- Optional auctions expansion feature
No gold coins?
This app is good for what it does.
The omission of gold coin values is puzzling to me. Especially, since they went through the trouble of including current coin metal values, which I really don't find all that useful. Gold coins would be much more useful.
The bullion section is good for someone estimating the worth if jewelry.
Since they left out gold coins, I give it 3 stars. Otherwise, it would be 5 stars. It's a nice, easy to use app, with one big flaw, gold coins.
It's a great app for anyone interested in coins!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 20, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Professional Coin Grading Service
- © 2012-2013 Collectors Universe, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.