Coins allows a hobbyist numismatist to easily import and record details of their coin or medal collection, including;
• Catalog ID, description, denomination, year of issue, country and category,
• Certificate of authenticity number,
• Vendor, website and valuation,
• Purchased date, quantity and cost,
• Mark coins with estimated date, cost, duplicates or wishlisted,
• Grading (Sheldon, NGC or PCGS Grading Scale),
• Rarity (URS or R-1 to R-9 Rarity Scale),
• Mintage and mint marks,
• Diameter and weight,
• Miscellaneous notes, and
• Photos of the coin or medal, invoice and certificate of authenticity (add images by drag and drop and a photo of a medal edge can be added for medal collectors under Preferences).
Coins allows you to import your coin or medal collection from a spreadsheet CSV file (with headers) to minimize re-keying of data and to export your collection as a CSV file (excludes photos) to share with other collectors. Also, a coin or medal can be duplicated which can be a template when adding coins or medals with similar data.
Your coin collection can be filtered by catalog ID, description, denomination, year, country, category, mint marks, duplicates, wishlist or text in notes. The denomination, year or country columns can be hidden (which is customizable in Preferences) for medal collectors which allows for filtering by description or category (or country if unhidden).
Images of your coins or medals can be viewed in the photo gallery and you can inquire on your portfolio profit as well as print listings, portfolio details, photo gallery or purchase history listing of your coin or medal collection.
Thanks to the Royal Australian Mint and Paolo Policchi for their assistance in the development of this app. Permission was kindly granted by the Royal Australian Mint for the use of their Australian one cent piece coin design as an icon for this app.
• Changed date purchased to show full year on screen, in purchase history report and when exported in a CSV file.
• Changed opening of stored invoice and certificate documents from PNG to PDF files when double-clicked.
• Stamp images are optimised as a high quality thumbnail to improve performance, and
• Added a menu option for manual optimisation of images, if required.
Ratings and Reviews
I LOVE THIS APP!!!!
THIS APP IS FANTASTIC!!!! So I had inherited a fairly large coin collection a couple of years ago, passed down from my grandpa to my dad, then on to me. Since then, I on more than one occasion had tried to make a spreadsheet or something similar to catalog them all with the pertinent information and a photograph of each coin, however not being too tech savvy I gave up after multiple attempts and the coins have sat dormant for some time now. Then I ran across this app, it was EXACTLY what I was trying to do for myself but failing miserably at. This app is everything I need, right down to the ability to add a quantity count as in some cases I have duplicates and triplicates and sometimes even more of the same coin. This app keeps a running total of your coin count and it’s value. It has made what was once going to be a grueling and daunting task an enjoyable pleasure.Absolutely sublime :)
Developer Response ,
Apple has kindly enabled the ability for developers to response to reviews. Thank you for your review and I am glad the app has made a gruelling and daunting task into something more enjoyable.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.