By Adam Kusch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ColdAltitude enables you to easily calculate multiple temperature corrected approach altitudes.
Obtain METAR & TAF for the approach airport. Set the temperature from the METAR by pressing a button.
Enter the field elevation and temperature, then any desired altitudes to be corrected. The app does all the calculations and rounding for you.
SAVE/LOAD Approach feature! Enter your anticipated approaches pre-flight for instant calculation airborne.
Uses the formula from the AIM - same calculations used by the Royal Canadian Air Force and in the USA.
Change your desired calculation, units of measurement and various other settings in the stock settings app:
- rounded altitudes
- feet / meters
- celcius / fahrenheit
- mountainous / non-mountainous region
- colour of altitude output
- prevent device from sleeping
- iPhone/iPod - enable scrolling through altitudes
- 10 altitude fields to temperature correct
- 20 save slots for your most used or anticipated approaches
- obtain and reference the latest weather for the approach airport
- use temperature slider for large temperature changes and increment buttons to fine-tune
American calculation allows for temperatures starting at 10 degrees Celsius / 50 Fahrenheit.
On the iPad, view a simulated Approach Plate with the temperature corrected values.
Use as a reference/guide only. Fly Safe!
What's New in Version 3.2
- scroll back to the top when "Done" clicked for "Other" fields
- Rate app feature
- Switch back to Calculate view automatically when loading a saved approach and when setting the temp from a METAR
Cold Weather Operation
Excellent tool. Simple to use.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 21, 2012
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Adam Kusch
- © Copyright Adam Kusch 2011. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.