Recruit. Strategize. Win.
Take control of your own college football program and bring it to glory!
In College Football Coach, you play the newly-hired head coach at your college of choice. As head coach, it will be your responsibility to manage your team's strategy, play through seasons, recruit new players, and above all, win national championships.
Playing a Season: Your team will play 12 games in the regular season, which consist of playing all 9 of your conference opponents once and three out-of-conference games. The most important game of the regular season is your rivalry game: winning it will net you more program prestige points, while losing it will cost you some points.
At the end of the regular season, the Conference Championship is played between the two teams with the best in-conference record. If two teams have the same record, a head-to-head tiebreaker is used. If three or more teams have the same record, the one with the highest poll ranking is chosen. After the Conference Championships, Bowl Games are played. Only the top 72 teams get chosen for a bowl, with the most important being the National Semifinals between the #1 and #4 team, and the #2 and #3 team. The winner of these two games advance to the National Championship where an undisputed champion is crowned.
After the season, your team will gain or lose prestige based on their results versus their expectations.
Rankings: As your team plays through the season, pollsters will determine how good (or bad) your team is compared to others. This "poll ranking" is determined by wins, margin of victory, strength of schedule, and more, and determines who gets into a bowl game and the semifinals.
Roster: When you start your career, you'll inherit a roster of 48 players (23 starters), broken down by position like so:
* 2 Quarterbacks (1 starter)
* 4 Running Backs (2 starters)
* 6 Wide Receivers (2 starters)
* 2 Tight Ends (1 starter)
* 10 Offensive Linemen (5 starters)
* 8 Defensive Linemen (4 starters)
* 6 Linebackers (3 starters)
* 6 Cornerbacks (3 starters)
* 2 Safeties (1 starter)
* 2 Kickers (1 starter)
Playbooks: As a coach, you can pick what playbooks your team employs on offense and defense throughout the season. Among what's offered on offense:
* Balanced: a standard pro-style offense with equal emphasis on passing and running.
* Smashmouth: a conservative, run-heavy offense.
* West Coast: a dink-and-dunk passing game that uses short, accurate passes to set up the run game.
* Spread: a pass-heavy offense that focuses on big plays but runs the risk of turnovers.
* Read Option: an offense that relies heavily on option reads based on coverage and LB positioning.
* Run-Pass Option: Play an offense relying on option reads for running and passing plays based on coverage and LB positioning.
On defense, coaches can choose from the following philosophies:
* 4-3 Man: a standard 4-3 man-to-man balanced defense.
* 4-6 Bear: a defense focused on stopping the run that will not allow yards and big plays on the ground, but may give up big passing plays.
* Cover 2: a zone defense with safety help in the back against the pass and LBs that stay home to cover the run.
* Cover 3: a zone defense that will stop big passing plays, but may allow short gains underneath.
Recruiting: As coach, you are responsible for recruiting the next class of players that will lead your team to bigger and better wins. You'll recruit against teams across the country for the same players, and your program's prestige will affect how good the players available to you are. Stronger teams will be able to recruit higher-quality players, while weaker teams will need to recruit strategically in order to build up their programs.
Establish your own college football dynasty - play College Football Coach today!
Visit Football Coach on Reddit at https://reddit.com/r/FootballCoach!
* Fixed a bug that caused prestige and coach score charts to crash in Career mode.
* Fixed some display bugs in the Available Jobs window.
* Fixed a bug that crashed the Latest News screen.
* Fixed a bug that crashed the app when processing the coaching carousel.
* Adjusted All-League formulas to only consider All-Conference players.
* Adjusted the conference ranking formula to (hopefully) alleviate bad sorting when scheduling a conference championship game.
Thanks for playing!
Ratings and Reviews
Looks like it has great potential
I’m almost sure this game is out of developing stages and has been out for a while, but I just downloaded it 3 days ago, and within a day I was already on 2044, I got that addicted.
Than I noticed I had 3 TEs on my roster who just never graduated I guess and stayed on my roster to become like 150 overalls although they were unusable, and than next thing I know there is in update specifically fixing it! There’s been things wrong with fifa and madden for 7 years now that haven’t been fixed lol.
But this game is great in every aspect, except the fact that there is only 60 teams compared to around 130 in real life, along with the fact that seasons can be completed in like a minute and offseason in around 5, it’s just too short, add more to the game! Add something where you can lure players to your school mid season, press talks, player conversations to keep your A+ potential freshman from transferring because I started my 92 senior over him at a 72. But overall, this is the best game I’ve downloaded probably in the past two years, I love it.
Addictive Game but with Issues
First of all I want to say I love this game! It really is amazing and the harder difficulty in career mode is really fun!
With that being said I do have a few issues. One is what I call the upset affect. In college football you always have unranked or low rank beat a high ranking team creating an upset! This happens in college football but is semi rare when looking at any one team. On this game on the other hand it’s a regular occurrence. I will be higher ranked, my offense and defense talent will be better and just overall a better team but will loose. This can happen a few times a season or once every few seasons but I always have to expect it. Now it goes both ways and I can win games I’m not supposed to but it all just happens to often. I think it’s a good feature just turn down the rate at which it happens.
My other bit issue is I can be with a team for 7 years because contract. The would be at prestige of 95 so it doesn’t go any higher. I could do everything but win the national championship and my contract won’t change. I can get to my last year of contract and not do quite as well so my prestige drops a couple of points and then they fire me because my number dropped below 95... even though I’ve led a very successful program.
Again I absolutely love this game and play it every day but those are my big frustrations! I always look forward to updates and new content!
Whoops, most popular reason for playing a football show sim regresses
Like many other reviews lately, the new update messed up the like-ability aspect of this simulation dynasty sports game and that’s recruiting and building a roster.
Taking the lower rank team to greatness doesn’t seem possible. It is now ridiculously too hard to predict which recruits will say yes to your offers, and you run out of recruiting points too quickly to make a dent in upgrading roster. Even low rank (stars) players will often say no to your offer at nearly the same rate as the top star players.
The next fixes to this game should be to increase the number of recruits by double, have scouting points (with a scouting phase in offseason) and make it much more easier to recruits with stars near your schools prestige level. Increment the amount of recruiting points required to recruit higher star players on weaker teams. This way lower rank teams will focus more on getting higher potential players (letter grade) near their prestige level and over time/some years be able to go after higher star players.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.