College Savings Planner
By Archimedes Systems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Begin putting a winning college savings strategy in place by determining a realsitic college funding goal, finding gaps in savings, and determining what it will take to get on track to meet your college funding goals. With the ability to look up current higher education costs at over 2,200 4-year colleges and universities, this flexible tool allows you to plan for multiple children and multiple scenarios per child.
This Planner will help you to:
• Develop a realistic, achievable action plan for meeting college funding goals
• Search our cost database with over 2,200 4-year colleges, or use national average costs
• Investigate a number of scenarios for any child or multiple children
• Establish how far your planned college savings may go toward meeting college costs
• Model how much you need to invest to meet various percentages of projected college costs
• Establish the confidence and motivation you need to take action
You can use the "% of Projected Cost Paid by You" slider on the Child Details page to control your college funding goal, if meeting 100% of the cost appears to be unrealistic.
All data input into the app is retained across sessions, so you do not have to reenter anything each time you use the app. The Settings screen allows you to specify the number of college years, the age at start of college, the college cost inflation rate, and whether or not to include room and board in the college costs; all of these are settable per child/scenario.
** Important Notes **
This application requires a network connection in order to query our database for college costs, though you can enter your own cost estimate without using the search feature. The app is made available to you as a self-help tool for your independent use. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.
We maintain our own database of approximately 2,200 Title IV accredited 4-year college-level schools, and update the cost data on an ongoing basis. Some schools' cost data varies by degree program or other criteria, so we try to be consistent in the way we collect and present the cost data.
The application and information in it is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on for tax, financial, or college selection decisions. We cannot and do not guarantee its accuracy or applicability to your circumstances.
Contact us with comments, questions, and suggestions at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.02
• Fixed wrong app name with screen icon
• Fixed display of large numbers on Details screen
• Fixed several minor display issues
• Added hint on how to enter child age, current savings/ROR
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 30, 2011
- Version: 1.02
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Archimedes Systems, Inc.
- © Archimedes Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.