Breeze through your college research with an interactive guide to more than 1,000 four-year colleges. Easy to use, but packed with features, CollegeHunch® empowers you to make smarter college choices.
Build a detailed spreadsheet in minutes comparing up to 15 schools in-app or by export in a format ready to print. Make the most of advanced filters to narrow down your search or just sort and browse colleges any way you wish. Here are some of the other features at your fingertips:
• Review SAT, ACT and GPA averages, percentiles and ranges as well as admissions requirements and statistics, student demographics and popular majors with intuitive graphics.
• Assess tuition, room and board and other fees, financial aid and net price data, and scholarship information. Even compare the cost of education to post-graduate salary histories.
• View priority deadlines for applications, scholarships and financial aid so that you don’t miss the opportunity to qualify. Just tap on a date to add it to your calendar!
• Save slices of information on your favorite colleges in one place for quick and easy viewing later so you can skip taking notes.
• Take advantage of quick links and fast facts to enhance your search without having to power up the desktop. Or book a campus tour through the app.
• Consider similar schools that have been curated by hand based upon a variety of factors because location isn’t the only thing that matters.
• Explore intercollegiate sports by division so that you can decide whether to participate.
• Check out the neighborhood and even get directions to campus, with maps for POI’s and nearby colleges.
• Track current, forecast or historical weather data so that you know what to pack.
• Discover notable alumni of each school, many of whom will surprise and delight you.
Feel empowered, rather than overwhelmed, as you conduct your college search with a swipe and a tap, instead of a sweat.
We've added data on net price by household income and filters for test-optional schools and religious affiliation: With 24 (!) criteria to choose from, and 8 ways to sort the colleges, it's never been easier to explore new schools or narrow down your search.
Ratings and Reviews
In a league of its own
If you want to narrow down your college choices, then CollegeHunch is the best place to start since it gives you such a vast array of statistics that you almost feel like you know what makes the freshmen class and college tick. There may be other sources that cover thousands of colleges but they provide a fraction of the data and certainly don’t have information that must be sourced by hand, such as the latest cost of attendance or priority scholarship deadlines. I actually like the fact that the developer focused on four-year colleges and created great tools rather than just adding as many colleges as possible.
The real deal
I love the way that this app lets you browse through colleges by swiping and sorting them in the order you want. And, it’s amazing how many different ways you can filter them so that only those appear that meet your criteria. It even lets you filter by early decision, early action or colleges that accept the Common App. Really cool and time-saving. It certainly beats looking at lists or searching for colleges (one by one), especially when you don’t necessarily know which ones to look for (even tho the app lets you do this).
Best App for all college related information
Amazing app with filters enabling you to sort by variables such as size of incoming class, SAT score, distance from your home- anything you can think of. It was recommended to me and it has been a huge help. Also has links to the schools to set up tours and visits. Great fast support if you have any questions or don’t have your filters set up correctly, they will return email you almost immediately. Would give 6 stars if I could!
- Stipend, LLC
- 15.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2018 Stipend, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Spreadsheet Export $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.