Collins Big Cat: It Was a Cold, Dark Night Story Creator
By HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Winner of the BETT 2013 Primary Digital Content Award
Develop your children’s reading and writing skills with It Was a Cold, Dark Night interactive book and Story Creator, from the primary literacy specialists at Collins Education. Also available: The Steam Train and Around the World.
The perfect way to develop essential literacy skills and transfer good reading to great writing. This book has been carefully levelled for children aged 5+.
• An animated, interactive book that brings the story to life
• Audio narration, music and sound effects to aid language learning – read along with the narration as the words are highlighted
• Opportunities to develop speaking and listening skills by recording your own narration and sound effects - perfect for storytelling and to hear progression
• Hidden surprises to discover on every page and a Collins Big Cat quiz to see what you can remember
• Transfer reading to writing using Story Creator: make your own book using pictures, characters and key vocabulary from the story, transforming readers into writers
• Practical guidance for adults helping children to develop their reading, writing and communication skills
It was a long winter night, and Ned the hedgehog was looking for a home. Does he live down a big hole? Does he live in a tree? As leaves fall to the forest floor and stars twinkle in the night sky, help Ned find a warm place to sleep for the winter.
Share your review with us below – we’d love to know what you think!
Stay updated with all of our Collins Big Cat apps – visit www.collinsbigcat.com
ABOUT COLLINS BIG CAT:
This popular reading series is used and trusted by over 9000 UK primary schools, as well as English-speaking schools all over the world. Now available on the App Store for the first time, we’ve brought the quality that teachers, parents and children have come to expect to our digital versions of the books.
I LOVE these stories! They are SO versatile. I teach special needs kids and we do a lot of work to develop their narrative and reading skills. These stories do it all. The child can retell the story or create their own. Thanks you so much for making such a high quality product and providing it FREE!
Great kids writing app!
My kids love creating stories. They enjoy this so much that it doesn't even feel like school work. We love Collins Big Cat. This book is amazing. Kids can create their own stories and add their voice and text to the story. It is great starter for beginning writers.
Amazing interactive books!
So impressed with the quality of content and delivery of the entire series. I love these books as much as my son. Steam Train is his favorite ;-).
Thank you for offering them at no cost to the user!
- Category: Education
- Released: Dec 15, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 53.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Harper Collins Publishers Limited
- © HarperCollins Publishers Limited 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.