This Turkish dictionary is designed for all learning stages and be used at home, at school, or at work. It is the ideal reference for anyone who needs a wealth of reliable information.
• Collins Turkish Gem Dictionary contains all the everyday words and phrases used in today's Turkish and English that you will need to know.
• An easy-to-use and reliable dictionary.
• A two-way dictionary: Turkish-English and English-Turkish.
• The clear layout ensures that you can quickly find the information you need.
• All Turkish words, phrases and translations are shown with their romanized transcription - ideal for beginners.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
This dictionary has such a limited number of entries (I used mostly the Turkish-to-English side), with little or no notation on usage, that I found it basically unusable as a dictionary and had to revert to carrying my hard-copy dictionary again. Very disappointing.
The dictionary size is very small. Very basic words like 'abı' and 'abla' are missing. It was dishonest marketing to not include the dictionary size in the application description. Also very few entries had nearly as much detail as show in the screenshots.
Bottom line: Do not buy this dictionary!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.