Collins German-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs
By Ultralingua, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Over 110,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of German and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Carry a dependable German and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro German-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into German or English text instantly.
• Over 85,000 entries with 110,000 translations
• Text-to-speech support lets you listen to the pronunciation of words and phrases
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of German and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into German and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from German-English to English-German
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"An excellent practical dictionary for the student or traveler!" -User review
"I would definitely recommend this for anyone who needs a German/English dictionary for school, travel, or work. This app compresses 1400 pages into something that I can fit in my pocket AND use without having to be connected to the Internet." -User review
"Love it! - Was unsure about the price but I'm glad I bought it. It's like a full-sized dictionary, only better because of how efficient using it can be!" -User review
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
What's New in Version 2.7
• Updated for iOS 9
• Updated for iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro
• Simplified navigation
• Optional side-by-side dictionary and conjugations on iPad
• Faster loading of Favorites
• Export your Favorites via AirDrop or email
• Many data improvements and small bug fixes
Very pleased with this dictionary. I really like the multiple examples of the word's usages under many entries. It is also exhaustive enough for me (in case I cross paths with an old or rare word that isn't in here, I have a free dic with a huge number of entries but no usage examples). The verb conjugations are very comprehensive and useful, and the whole design is clean and satisfactory. Heartily recommended!
I was hesitant with only 2 reviews and it costing $25. In hindsight I'm very happy with this purchase. The app runs smoothly (using latest OS on a 6s Plus) and is very slick.
It includes everything one needs when learning a new word in German: meaning, conjugation, whether the verb is used with akkusativ or Dativ, as well as examples.
I highly recommend this app.
Very useful and complete
It can be said one of the best and complete german english dictionary in app store. In this version by adding the conjugation tools by swapping to left, its very useful to learn verbs conjugations easly.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 16, 2016
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Ultralingua, Inc.
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.