It retains all the highly-acclaimed attributes of the Collins range - unparalleled accuracy, immediate accessibility and unrivaled user-friendliness. The Collins Irish Pocket Dictionary offers extensive up-to-date coverage of contemporary Irish and English with thousands of current constructions and phrases.
• Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
• Extra help with difficult words
• Easy-to-use layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Le do thoil, change back to a visually appealing interface
Two things: 1) the dictionary alone I would rate 5, it has been and will continue to be incredibly useful, the best one i'v seen/used (Go raibh maith agat), 2) while I recognize aesthetics are deeply personal, the new interface for me is so visually distracting (pale blue ... really? ..) that I have to force myself to use the app (Níl áthas orm:-( Since functionally this app is still the best, I still give it a 5.
This is the [expletive deleted] you get when you fix something that wasn’t broken.
From the crisp, easy to use interface offered formerly, the developers managed to create a needlessly busy and less visually distinct interface that offers nothing more of consequence in return. I now hate this app so much that I have been inspired to write my first review of any app ever. I wish that I had never purchased this app and will now buy the print equivalent from any source other than Collins.
Current version remains a disappointment.
1. The full Irish - English listing of words still hasn’t been restored. You can’t just browse... you have to specify a single word for the software to translate. This feature was available in an earlier version. Half the fun of dictionaries resides in the browsing. Senseless to remove this capability unless the real “vision” was to spur the sale of paper copies as well.
2. Why why are the words not linked to an audio file of the pronunciation at least for the Gaelige words? Hire one of the News presenters from TG4! Irish pronunciation for native English language speakers is incredibly difficult. Have some vision and daring in design!
3. Developers: Respond to comments... Apple has provided the capability.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.