Over 95,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of Italian and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Carry a dependable Italian and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro Italian-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into Italian or English text instantly.
• Over 70,000 entries with 95,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of Italian and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into Italian and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Italian-English to English-Italian
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"The most useful language app for the iPhone - I've been using a number of iPhone apps to help me learn Italian. The dictionary is quite large. The at-a-glance conjugation tables are fantastic. And when I was learning numbers, the quick number pad was a brilliant help." -User review
"Buy it, it's the best - You get what you pay for in the AppStore. I tried all the other Italian translations tools as I'm learning Italian and living in an Italian speaking country. Prior to getting this tool I was frustrated to tears by the poor quality of the other tools." -User review
"This is an outstanding app, it has a deep database and you will leave your dictionary, phrase book and verb conjugation book at home when going to class or traveling (no need for an Internet connection either). Accurate translations, many idiomatic expressions given along with definitions."
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
• Data improvements
• Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
$25. The app structure is terrible - visually disorganized, forcing you to wade through text to find what you're looking for. Often requires typing the word out fully, with perfect spelling, in order to pull up a result. Includes no reflexive verbs, which differ in meaning. Often excludes important context for compound tenses - sometimes verbs use different auxiliary verbs depending upon meaning. Example: cominciare uses essere for pp when intransitive, but avere for transitive. Ingrassare means to fatten or gain weight - with avere, it would mean you're fattening something else up. Gaining weight would require essere. Piovere may use either, though the app shows only one.
I repeat, $25 for a messy, incomplete and sometimes incorrect app. Not happy.
The best Italian English dictionary with audio.
As a polyglot, I love these dictionaries, especially the conjugation and audio features. It gives you tens-of-thousands of sample sentences which gives you more to study just flipping through the app than all of Babel’s content combined. To the Collins team, please give us our flag design back. I now have trouble recognizing them, also the simple Italicized ‘A’ does not stand out.
I absolutely love this
It took a while to figure out how this app works but since then I am very happy to have it.
It's easy to switch from Eng to It. Entries often have several uses of any given word (very helpful). If you've chosen a verb, pull down slightly on the screen and see an option to conjugate.
The most impressive function here is seeing the opposite language underneath each conjugation - this is crucial to knowing you've chosen the correct tense. Swipe right to go back to the dictionary.
Save favorites by tapping on the star.
I use this app often and would buy it again in a heartbeat. I find the value gained by its high price is commensurate. Kudos to the developer! And thank you for making an incredibly useful app.
- Ultralingua, Inc.
- 28.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.