Collins Pocket Irish Dictionary
By Mobile Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With approximately 47,000 references and 69,500 translations, Collins Pocket English-Irish-English Dictionary provides excellent coverage of today's language and usage. The clear, colour layout offers the user maximum accessibility in a mobile format.
Retaining all the highly-acclaimed attributes of the Collins range - unparalleled accuracy, immediate accessibility and unrivalled user-friendliness - the Collins Pocket Irish Dictionary offers extensive up-to-date coverage of contemporary Irish and English with thousands of current constructions and phrases.
From Europe’s Leading Bilingual Dictionary Publisher:
* Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
* Extra help with difficult words
* Easy-to-use colour layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
The dictionary is powered by the MSDict technology especially enhanced for iPhone, iPad and iPod with the following key benefits:
* Colorful and feature-rich user interface with faster and easier word access
* Customizable two-pane user interface (for iPad)
* Quick word search while you type
* Fast hyperlinks between words and articles
* Fast article scrolling
* Favorites - you can use the Favorites feature as a learning tool and create your own categories and lists of words.
* History of the last visited words so you can quickly return to recently checked words
* Font size control for easier reading
* No connection to the Internet required, so browse anytime and anywhere with no additional charges
* “Word of the day” and “Random word” feature
* Switch easily between English and Irish entries
* Includes exciting new word games like Hangman, Word Scramble, Flashcards and Anagrams to facilitate the learning process
Can’t find the word you are looking for? Three kinds of filters will help you locate that elusive word.
* Fuzzy filter – used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword – used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card – “?” and “*” replace a letter and group of letters in words to broaden your search
What's New in Version 5.0.19
* Optimized for iPhone 5
Great dictionary for the price, lists a decent amount of entries and examples. Everything basic you need to learn Irish Gaelic. Still, I would like conjugations for verbs and declensions for nouns and adjectives (if possible).
I love having an electronic Irish dictionary to study with from my iPhone.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 05, 2012
- Version: 5.0.19
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mobile Systems
- © 2010 Mobile Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.