Over 75,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of Mandarin Chinese and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Carry a dependable Mandarin Chinese and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro Mandarin Chinese-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into Mandarin Chinese or English text instantly.
• Over 45,000 entries with 75,000 translations
• Text-to-speech support lets you listen to the pronunciation of words and phrases
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into Mandarin Chinese and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Mandarin Chinese-English to English-Mandarin Chinese
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"It's really the best Chinese-English-Chinese dictionary in the app store! You can't miss it!" -User review
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
• Data improvements
• Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Dictionary: Update
Very detailed and precise entries, helpful semantics, clear font, very complete. Zoom feature really helps you see the character well. Don't waste your money on cheaper dictionaries that can lead you astray with impractical, obscure, obsolete, bookish, and imprecise definitions.
Update: I found that you can add supplemental dictionaries in the iPhone under settings> general> dictionaries and then adding the respective Chinese keyboard. Doing this you can select any character on the ultralingua dictionary and look up the traditional equivalent character through the dictionary. The current app does not allow this feature on any dictionary entries so you may have to select it in the search field where it should work. Found out that by selecting any Chinese phrase you can get native speech of highlighted text. Going to settings>accessibility>voices gives you more native speakers to choose from
Best Chinese dictionary for iPhone!!!
I'm very suprised with the application. It's really amazing and helps me a lot. It is a must app for persons who are interested to learn Chinese. I also use Ultralingua's German dictionary and the both apps just make it even more great and help me during my language learning... I didn't face any probel with those apps and advice them to everyone
Please update for iPhone 6 Plus!
It’s a good two-way dictionary. Very trust-worthy.
Please update the app to fit new iPhones!
And could you have the app remember the latest use status when it quits? It’s tiring to manually switch to English to Chinese everytime.
- Ultralingua, Inc.
- 19.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.