Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 9th Edition
By Cole Zhu Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• The largest Spanish-English dictionary with over 315,000 references
• iCloud bookmark synchronisation across all devices (iOS 6.0 or later)
• Full audio for every word recorded by native speakers
• Conjugation for every verb
• No internet connection required
The world's leading large Spanish dictionary remains the perfect tool for all advanced learners of Spanish.
A demonstration video of our app is available here: 【http://en.colezhu.com/collins_spanish】
This ninth edition of the market-leading Collins Spanish Dictionary (Complete & Unabridged) uses Collins' unique multimillion-word databases of contemporary English and Spanish to offer the user the most complete and accurate picture of real language available today. The application has been built using Cole Zhu's own dictionary system, the most advanced on the app store.
• The largest Spanish dictionary on the market with over 142,000 headwords and 315,000 references
• Recorded native speaker audio pronunciation for every word.
• Requires no Internet connection to operate.
• Up-to-date - with thousands of the latest words from a wide range of areas.
• A wealth of searchable idioms and examples - all based on evidence from a multimillion-word corpus of real Spanish and English
• Jump directly to desired part of speech of words, unknown words or search for related examples
• Conjugation feature for all Spanish and English verbs
• Favourites and History features - allowing users to keep track of interesting words.
• Coverage of European and Latin American Spanish
• Intuitive and innovative interface, designed specifically for the iPhone OS platform.
What's New in Version 2.5.0
iOS 9 Support
Now audio can be played while the device is on mute.
This is a long overdue Thank You. I bought the hardback version 16 years ago as an interpreter working throughout Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America. Seeing the translations by country was a huge advantage. When I purchased the app several years ago I thought it sufficient but not on par with the hard copy. Yesterday I had to translate for the first time in years. It was insurance requirements (legalese). I had the hard copy by my side and didn't need to refer to it. I was amazed at how the app has evolved. Best app ever. I keep it on the front screen of my iPhone for quick access since I'm working with contractors from Mexico for when I need a Spanish word quickly that I've either forgotten or never knew.
With the free alternatives, often useful as they are, I think you get what you pay for. As a language professor I find myself gratified to have this in depth resource with me, even off line. I imagine the casual learner doesn't need this. But I know no superior resource for those who want to read and speak and build in depth knowledge of both languages. Buy it if your goal is to speak well!
As good as the book--and much more convenient!
The best tool for finding the most appropriate translation of a word or phrase! And I appreciate the inclusion of regional variants (e.g., for the Southern Cone).
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 24, 2015
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 428 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cole Zhu Inc.
- © 2015 Cole Zhu Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.