Colloquy - IRC Client
By Colloquy Project
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications and split-screen support.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.8.10
Fixes an issue causing private messages to be ungrouped
Changes in 1.8.9:
- Allow link interactions when editing the chat room topic
- iPad: Better split-screen behavior when the keyboard is in use by other apps
Fixes in 1.8.9:
- Fix a crash when presenting members list after the first time
- Fix accessibility labels for info/clear button next to the chat input view
Sadly the best IRC Client for IOS
All the rest are all too ugly for me to stomach. Yes this app has a few bugs like the typeface slightly overlaps the input box with the bigger font enabled, and why cant the client stay awake while opened? I understand apple's security don't let apps run longer than 2 minutes when opened in the background for good reason, but there is no setting to keep the client to stay awake! This would be nice for getting food and coffee etc. Too bad the dev seemed to stop development on this app since the beginning of 2016. Nevertheless I am glad it still works on my iPhone 7.
Slowest IRC client I've ever used
The app seems like a wonderful idea… Until you try to use it to connect to a chat room. Worked very well on older versions of iOS. The developers really need to do some work to keep it current. Sometimes, it takes me up to an hour to connect to a chat room… Where as with any other client, or via the web, I connect instantly.
Still buggy as usual...
In addition to the bugs others have listed...
The ctcp version reply is outdated. It should show iOS instead of iPhone OS and it would be nice if it showed the device name and CPU speed as the desktop counterpart does.
The timeout timer should be increased to way more than 10 minutes on iPads. iPads don't have as critical battery life issues as a phone would.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 21, 2016
- Version: 1.8.10
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian
- Seller: Jane Lee
- © 2008-2016 Colloquy Project
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.