Colloquy - IRC Client
By Colloquy Project
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the upcoming IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.7.5
- Swipe brings up options to part or close rooms at once (on iOS 8 and above)
- Colloquy now obeys the reduced motion accessibility system setting (available on iOS 8 and above)
- Problems bringing up settings screen in-app
New version issues
Sidebar doesn't update rooms with new posts,, constant crashing when posting..
Loved this for more than a year, what did you guys do on the 19th of August.. What a nightmare update.
In the next update after you fix what you broke, could you make .gif files either show inline or at least make the file name clickable?
Worthless app, barely does what it's supposed to, can't multitask while using it, constantly times out for no reason. Whoever wrote this app should be fired out of a cannon.
Constantly times out, always having issues
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 19, 2015
- Version: 1.7.5
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian
- Seller: Jane Lee
- © 2008-2015 Colloquy Project
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.