Colloquy - IRC Client
By Colloquy Project
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the upcoming IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.7.3
- *playback LIST support for private messages that started while Colloquy was disconnected. This requires updating to the latest version of *playback.
- Improve the speed of *playback fetching of new messages.
- Fixed assorted crashes and improved performance. Stop by #colloquy-mobile on Freenode if you want any of the details!
Thanks for Killing a Perfectly Good App
Don't know what you guys did but haven't been able to connect for at least a month on Colloquy. Before the latest update, it constantly would say it could not connect. Now, the status thingy turns yellow when I try to connect and just sits. It doesn't even try to connect, just sits there. Please fix this or I want my money back. I didn't change even one setting. Stop trying to add new things without working out the already existing bugs.
Colloquy + ZNC (for push) is AWESOME!
I'm a longtime Colloquy user on Mac, but only recently have tried it on iOS. The thing that TRULY makes this usable though is ZNC integration, which enables me to stay online in my channels and get push notifications. I'm quite pleased with the combination, though for some this might prove a little challenging to set up on their own.
Colloquy seems to be working fine now after the latest update. Haven't had weird graphical glitches yet either.
I still wish it wouldn't disconnect after 1-3 minutes just for being out of the app, but I know that is an iOS issue.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 21, 2015
- Version: 1.7.3
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian
- Seller: Jane Lee
- © 2008-2014 Colloquy Project
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.