Colloquy - IRC Client
By Colloquy Project
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 5S and iPad Air.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Built-in browser for clicked links and commands for quick Google, Wikipedia and Amazon searches.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A Console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Open minded and Open source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Further adjust how Colloquy determines if it is near the bottom of the screen or not for automatic scrolling.
- Fix a crash on iOS 6 when using dark styles
- Fix miscellaneous crashes affecting both iOS 6 and iOS 7
it does what it needs to, but could do better
there's really no other way for me to connect to the client i use from my phone, and this app lets me connect to it. it's convent, but cant run in the background for longer than three minutes or so, which is a pain. group chats don't send a notification to your phone either. i liked using this app while i could, but now it suddenly refuses to connect to my client, (not sure if this is the client's end or the app's) so it's pretty much rendered useless to me now. it would help if setting up and using this app was clearer, or if there were actual directions on how to use it
There has to be a way to let this thing run in the background. If my twitter client can tell me when someone mentioned me even when it's closed, surely an irc client should be able to do it as well? It's extremely annoying that it keeps disconnecting me after 3 minutes just because I switched to another app. I use a bouncer but what's the point if my iPhone client disconnects?
First, 1.5.1 made the home screen icon very low resolution and 1.5.2 has not addressed this.
Two, the enhancements added for dark themes (such as the black keyboard and darker title bars) do not work on iPad.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 28, 2014
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Jane Lee
- © 2008-2014 Colloquy Project
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.