Colloquy - IRC Client
By Colloquy Project
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications and split-screen support.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the upcoming IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
Fixed in 1.8.1:
- Crashes when opening chat room activities on iPhones
- Crashes when 0 message preview option is selected
New in 1.8:
iOS 9 support!
- Support for new split-screen multitasking
- Support for 3D Touch on iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
-- Preview chat rooms from the chat list
-- Preview links in chat before opening them up in Safari
-- Quick Actions to connect and disconnect from the app icon on the Home Screen
- Search for active servers and chat rooms in Spotlight
Fixed in 1.8:
- Sentence-case sentences created with dictation instead of Title Casing them
- Crashes when opening chat room activities on iPad
- Crashes when creating new connections to from certain suggested networks
What happened like two updates back? Now I can't even see the user list for channels anymore( at least when on a bouncer ), the app randomly crashes when running with backgrounding on, as well as status not being displayed for the server your connecting/connected to ( unless you can read raw traffic from console lol ).
Iv been using this app for years, I got a new phone first it was crashing the new update fixed that problem and now it's not connection to the server. Is this problem going to be fixed for me or not? I was getting support from someone in emails but he just stopped responding to me. I loved this app but now I'm not too sure.
App is broken
This app is like a rollercoaster ride. It sometimes works great then they ruin it after an update. I have not been able to find anything to replace it with.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 26, 2015
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian
- Seller: Jane Lee
- © 2008-2015 Colloquy Project
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.