Colonial Williamsburg Explorer
By The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the official Colonial Williamsburg mobile app for iPhone. This free and interactive guide to “The Revolutionary City” makes it easy to find and locate everything you need to make the most of your visit to this historic destination in Williamsburg, Virginia.
• Discover more than 40 Historic Sites, including 21 Trade Shops ranging from the Apothecary and Blacksmith to the Wheelwright and Wigmaker
• Experience more than a dozen restaurants and taverns and more than 20 modern and historic stores
• Easily locate parking lots, shuttle bus stops, ticket and information desks, restrooms, and much more
• Get walking directions to help guide you to the attractions you want to see
• Have up-to-the-minute event information and schedules in your pocket during your visit
• Use our character tracker (called "Meet") to see when our mascot, Liberty, is exploring the town and get directions to her location
• Build a list of your favorite sites and events and receive notifications when your events are about to start
• Take fun family photos and selfies with the Colonial Camera
What's New in Version 2.0
• Updated interface
• Enhanced and expanded Event schedule
• Ability to Favorite Events and Locations
• Colonial Camera
• "Meet" Character Tracker
Still needs work
This new version of Colonial Williamsburg Explorer improves on the last that crashed frequently & was unable to redraw the map in response to movements. But I can hardly believe that the app - including the map - does not use landscape display! This makes the map almost unusable again. One excellent suggestion from previous versions was to provide a user login that would link reservations at CW facilities to the app. An opportunity was missed in ignoring this. CW is slowly crawling into the 20th century but they need to pick up the pace or they will be left in the dust.
Same functionality as a paper guide except battery drain!
This app will drain your battery and has the same functionality as the paper maps and guides. Can't book tickets, can't book reservations. Too much battery though? This app is perfect for quickly draining it! Spotty wifi around the historic district means get ready to use some data. Needs some work.